Husky Te 630 Rally / Dakar / Adventure Build

Discussion in '610/630' started by Lucas_dakar, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    Hello everyone i'm Lucas

Owner of te 630 witch already has some minor suspenison and other mods:

- front forks got better internals and moved travel up to 300mm
    - rear custom fitted Ohlins shock, travel over 300mm
    - ground clerance about 340mm :D
    - jet barkbusters
    - memory foam seat mod - cost of about 5$ :D comfy as couch
    - welded footpegs extensions
    - single exhaust leo vince pipe with custom exhaust manifold
    - foldable mirros, different front mudguard, some stickers

BUT the real plan is to build serious travel machine, witch larger fuel capacity (rotopax already broken my subframe despite it was strenghted before) and with propper front fairing hiding nav equipment and decent lighting.

So the journey of biulding Dakar inspired adventure bike begins... and i can tell you its going to be one of a kind :D
    Not more to say for now, more info in march/april period.

If you have already build something ambiotious like my plan written before post pics (i don't mean safari tanks and windshield bolted on to existing light)

See ya!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  2. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    First problem is fuel capacity. Safari tank is ugly like hell, not much better with IMS.
    I've even found this very rare 20 liter rally Acerbis tank made specially fot Husqvarna factory team but unfortunalty it didint fit on my 630. It only fits previous model with carburator.
    But i've came up with an different plan of sorting that issue out. Will post some pics if i succsed.

Below a youtube video of guy called Marcel Sip who done real rally conversion of his 610 using that tank.

So far the most ambitious and best looking conversion i've seen

3. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Owned a lot of dual sports over the years and the 630 ticks all the boxes once they are setup.
    Here are my mods. Tried to keep weight down by minimalist method.
    Right muffler deleted and left one gutted and fitted with ss baffle and glass packed utilizing stock spark arrester.
    Seat concepts seat wider and flatter. all day comfort.
    Front fork internals cleaned up and added compression adjusters from previous te610. Resprung for my weight.
    Rear suspension resprung.
    Smog equipment removed, air filter labyrinth removed as well as passenger pegs and various hardware.
    Custom skid plate.
    Sidestand modified for larger foot.
    Windscreen and mount from SWM superdual.
    Custom saddlebag mounting hardware.
    No current pics.
  4. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    Stock suspension on 630 compared to 610 from 2009-2010 is rubbish, and has a lot less travel. So in mine i've changed all i could :D Now it rips like mad.

The plan is off course to do the mod as light as possible since its a very capable off road bike. And quite possible thats is going to be more abitous than i thougt at first.
    But my wish is to have at least 20 and preferably 30 liters of capacity. Secondly low profile fairing not blocking wisability with ultra bright lights - something like 2 additional baja designs squadrons, except the road leagal lamp.
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Have you looked at the Britannia fairing / screen. Twin stacked lights, dash area for extra electrical goodies and a screen that can be raised and lowered.
  6. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    Yes off coure. But it still recon its kinda ugly, not that its notpractical. And i preffer to have lights fixed to front not wobbling side to side with front wheel.
    And im really interested in "dakar" look, something like Marcel did in his project but with transparent front like modern rally bikes.
    Very inspiring are biulds done by Manuel Lucchese like for exampe one below, except i wont need roadbook and will instal big nav tablet like PR7 has
  7. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    The Britannia fairing on my 630.

Britannia 630.jpg
  8. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    It does, when you trun handlebars light follows that dirrection.

Light is bolted on triple clamps and i want to fix itd to frame head
  9. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Sorry, answered without thinking!

I don't suppose the likes on Nomad are interested in old models like the 630.
  10. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    Dont forget there is new SWM 650. But finnaly im going to do the whole build by myslef or adapt something from other bikes
  11. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Appears SWM 650 is no more. There were rumors of a small displacement twin replacement for awhile but haven't anything lately. Biggest bike listed on SWM.it web is 500.
  12. salty_monk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS1000
    Mine has the HDB rally fairing support with some custom blocks & a custom frame to mount a KTM Factory clear fairing....

Doesn't turn with the forks. It's mounted off the headstock like a Rade unit... :)
  13. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No

Post some pics please
  14. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    Ok, a little update on the build. As life verifies many thing its not going to ba "one of a kind" build. Rather same as everyone :banghead:

So far the bike got Rally Tower with very good lights and other accesories:
    1 Main LED light is form Schwalbe l3e electric scooter, has EU homologation and very good coverage with low power consumption
    2 Two auqillary lights are Baja Design knock offs form China with combo spread and yellow fog ocvers, REAL BUNNY BURNERS!!!
    3 Double USB port, 12V socket, voltometer, blade fuse box with leds indicating when whey burn out, main tower switch and romate switch for auqillary lights on handelbar
    4 Husky speedometer, vertical phone mount, towing strap, mootitool, CAT tourniquet and later 2 small first aid kits on sides, later spare leavers will be added
    5 Bike got KTM EXC front fender for some sexy look, stock is terrbile...

I also have fixed broken subframe even thoug it was already "strenghten" using hery thick gussets
    iThen i instaled very big and comfy footpegs from dakar driven Husky factory 449 from 2010.
    Bike is still going to run on stock fuel tank with extra 5L on luggage rack

Now bike is much more usefull in terms of riding in low light conditions, wind protection and also much more organised in terms of navigation equipment.
    And finally some photos.... Windshield stickers will be replaced to match red/black/white color scheme and i will make some plastics to link windshield with plastics covering radiator

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  15. cristian84 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda transalp 650
    Ciao Lucas dove hai acquistato la torretta? E il plexiglass trasparente?
  16. cristian84 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda transalp 650
    Hai montato anche dei riser per il manubrio?
  17. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
  18. cristian84 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda transalp 650
    Grazie mille...gentilissimo:thumbsup:
  19. Rem3805 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    r1250gsa

Hi Lucas!!

Your project is awesome and it gives me a lot of ideas!

I am curious about few thingsā€¦

What is the model of ohlins that does suits the bike? Do you have the rate too?

The front mud guard, which one did you put? Any particular modifications?

Thank you very much in advance for your feedbacks

Remi
  20. Lucas_dakar Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    As for the ohlins shock i dont even know from what bike it came. I just looked for a VERY long time until i've found one looking similar to stock one and it was bolt on fit :D. I just have a lot of luck. When i had Yamaha TTR i did the same with front USD forks and they fitted right on as well, even the bearings on frame head were the same.
    As for th front mud guars the one from pic above is from husky 125 SM version and it is rubbish, a lot of dirt were thrown in my face so i quckly changed it for KTM EXC style one except that i have found one with apadter. Like the one below. It is polisport one and works very well. Can be seen on later photos.
    POLISPORT KTM SX 2016 with adapter for SX/EXC 2007- 2013

[IMG]
    Dirtdame likes this.