Husky SM610 brake light problem

Discussion in '610/630' started by Braptosh, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Braptosh Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610IE
    Hi.

Got a problem with my brake light on the 610sm. The bike was at the mechanic guy, he did my usual service like oil and stuff, but he couldn't manage to fix the break light issue. The whole problem is shown on the movie I recorded yesterday evening in the garage.

So... when engine is OFF - the rear light is on all the time (front light is out), and when i press both the front and rear (foot) levers, the brake light goes ON; so it works as it should, when the engine is ON, but...
    When I start the engine, the rear light is still ON, as it should, but the break light dosen't want to work, nothing happens. I'm out of ideas, I have checked the cabels, connections, I don't know what is wrong, and I wont ride like that. I cry for help, please! :D

Link:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHd0EE1vmlI
  2. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    For the brake light not working while the bike is running (and vibrating), I'd look for a broken wire between the fuse at the steering head and the tail light. Make note of the wire color changes at each harness connector (the front section is one color, the mid section is another color, and the rear section is yet another color on my 07). For the light staying on, it could be a simple feedback issue at a connector or switch, or maybe a short or bad ignition switch that thinks you're putting the key in the "park" position (tail light on, headlight off, front park light on). Or, maybe you're actually putting the switch in the park position and don't realize it (you can remove the key in the park position). Hope this helps or gives you a good direction to look...
  3. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    Check the wiring going under the battery and connects under the right hand back panel.Mine was shorting somewhere around there.The battery and the base that sits on rub against the wires...