Husky/KTM recall for all MX models (SX,SXF,FC,TC)

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 15, 2016.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – January 15, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) –
    RECALL SUMMARY
    Name of product: Competition off-road motocross motorcycles
    Hazard: The front wheel spoke assembly can fail, causing the operator to lose control of the motorcycle and crash.
    Remedy: Repair
    Consumer Contact: KTM North America and Husqvarna Motorcycles toll-free at 888-985-6090 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online atwww.ktmusa.com or www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com and click on Service, then select Safety for more information.
    RECALL DETAILS
    Units:
    About 3,700

Description:
    This recall involves model year 2016 Husqvarna TC and FC and KTM SX and SX-F motocross competition motorcycles with 250cc to 450cc, 4-cycle engines, and 125cc to 250cc, 2-cycle engines.

Recalled Husqvarna motorcycles are blue, white and yellow and have the Husqvarna logo on both sides of the shroud covering the fuel tank. The model name and engine size are on both sides of the rear fender below the rear of the seat.
    Recalled KTM motorcycles are orange, black and white with the KTM logo on both sides of the shroud covering the fuel tank. The model name and engine size are printed on both sides of the rear fender below the rear of the seat.
    Model year 2016 motorcycles will have the letter G in the 10th position of the vehicle identification number (VIN). The VIN is located on the right side of the steering head.
    Incidents/Injuries:
    The firm has received two reports of crashes as a result of a wheel spoke failure, including one report of a shoulder injury and three broken ribs.

Remedy:
    Consumers should immediately stop riding the recalled motorcycles and contact an authorized KTM/Husqvarna Motorcycles dealer to schedule a free repair. KTM/Husqvarna Motorcycles is contacting known consumers directly.

Sold at:
    KTM authorized dealers nationwide from March 2015 through October 2015 for between $6,800 and $9,400.

Husqvarna Motorcycles authorized dealers nationwide from March 2015 through October 2015 for between $6,900 and $9,400.
    Importer(s):
    KTM North America Inc., of Amherst, Ohio

Manufactured in:
    KTM Motorrad AG, of Austria
    Kam1 likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    fix --install FE, TE and XC, XC-W type hubs....those new MX hubs are just too darn light... those computer stress models you guys in the engineering dept. did....well I guess they did not set the bar high enough for the real world slams and forces these bikes get subjected to.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's what happens when the not for the general public stuff gets green-lighted for production.
  4. Scott Howard Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350s, 701 enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    650 V-strom, Beta 300RR
    I don't need any cheesy spoke assembly to crash! I can do that all by myself.