Husky Hunting for a Terra TR650 out West...

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by octopusenvy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. octopusenvy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TR650 Terra (soon)
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Husaberg FE570, '10 Buell XB12XP
    West is Best! And in this case, it's easiest. I'm after a Terra for a big trip across the rockies, and then from Alaska to Ushuaia. Been an owner of a BMW 650 xchallenge with same rotax motor, but sold that for a Husaberg. The berg is a dream, but not ideal for long distance (too light, more maintenance, rare, etc) so I'm after a bike that will take me the long way in comfort and reliability. Let me know what you got. Preference is outside of California (for emissions, tax, registration limitations etc) but as close as possible as I'll arrive in LA! Thanks in Advance (TIA):cheers:
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Funny thing, I found an x challenge for sale out here yesterday.
  3. octopusenvy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes I would ride an xchallenge instead...but lots of complications:
    1. well discontinued and expensive/unavailable bmw parts
    2. poor fuel range (tho excellent economy)
    3. poor seat
    4. poor suspension
    5. huge cost to change everything around. I think this is why I sold my x eventually last year and bought a bike with everything on it but better all around (Husaberg 2012 FE570 with safari tank, SC seat, damper, better pipe, heated grips, guards etc

So if you see any Terra for sale, I'm hunting hard. Would love to NOT have a California registered one (more expensive, plus tax etc), but I am arriving in LA, so would have to bus/train to Oregon or preferrably Nevada (closer).

Thanks for your reply!
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I'll be in AZ this week, let ya know if I see anything.
    octopusenvy likes this.
  5. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    octopusenvy likes this.
  6. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
  7. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    octopusenvy likes this.
  8. octopusenvy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    very much appreciated!
  9. octopusenvy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    cheers RDTCU, i've actually seen all those aside from the strada as I'm not into them (prefer the Terra for off-road and wire wheels even tho mostly the same). I should be clear that I'm on a budget and need the right balance of bargain, low miles, extras. So far I'm aiming for $4500, and that Chico bike is VERY low miles but bone stock. I'd prefer more mileage, more extras to save me time, and that same price or less.

So I'm scouring CL, motorcycletrader and other google sites, this site, advrider etc...I think I'm hoping one will be obscure and pop up, and a few have or will shortly. 4-4500 and under 7000miles is my target :D

hope to hear from a guy from this site shortly again who is thinking of selling his, but who knows. The more options the better. Thanks a bunch and keep em coming :thumbsup: