Husky Genuine Rear Rack

Discussion in '610/630' started by Russ, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    A couple of weeks ago I was asked to post some pictures of my rear rack, which follow:

Rack top front (1024x768).jpg Rack top rear (2) (1024x768).jpg Rack RHS (1024x768).jpg Rack rear (1024x768).jpg Rack fittings LHS (1024x768).jpg Rack LHS bag (1024x768).jpg Rack rear bag (1024x768).jpg
  2. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    Thanks for posting the pics. I've got one on order from Motoxotica.
  3. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    No problem. You will note that the installation requires removal of the black standard pillion handles, which isn't a concern because the rack incorporates replacements. It is high quality, but fairly small - it is perfect for my tail bag but a bigger one may be more suitable for larger loads.
  4. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanx for the pics. So have ordered one too. A bit late as I´ve scratched the plastic and need a decal to cover up the damage. New bike and shop soiled already!
  6. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I like it. :thumbsup: Looks sturdy and well made. Is that hand crafted by Trooper Lu himself ?

I've got the TCI Borrego rack on my 610. Also got the Sequoia Tail bag by Cortech that straps
    on to it. It's a kind of bulky setup so I only strap it on for long outings or if I need to carry a lot
    stuff as I've come to realize that wearing a backpack is a lot better for hard off-road riding.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is just the OEM 630 rack from Husqvarna, too bad it doesn't fit the 610 or I would've ordered one too...

:(
  8. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Oh.. that's on the new 630's from showroom or is it ordered separately ? Nice little setup.
  9. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The rack is a Husky genuine spare part, as included in its 2011 special parts catalogue. I had the dealer, Trooper Lu's Garage, fit it from new, along with various other bits and pieces. They sourced it from Husky's Australian importer.

I am very happy with it - high quality, neat & streamlined, incorporated pillion handles, stainless steel frame fitted with 4mm aluminium plate rack. I believe it is rated to carry loads of up to 5kgs, so it sounds like it's really designed for small/medium tail bags rather than huge loads. That's fine for me, as it' s all I need, but those needing to carry larger loads may be better off with something sturdier.
  11. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As yet, I´ve always used a back pack (and even an Army mortar ammunition back rack for heavier loads) as the weight slips down onto the rear fender and so is no great strain. But it does muck up the white plastic on the 630. So have now ordered a Husky decal to cover up the damage and the Husky rack. Thanx for the pics!

PS

Wonder whether Trooper Lu could open a branch here in Germany?
  12. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ah well! It´s just that I like his decal on the back of your bike ...
  14. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    You should pull up thier website and send them an email. They would send you a decal.
  15. Jeff Koehler Husqvarna
    B Class

What was the total cost and is there a link to the part? I checked parts diagram, did not see anything that said "rack."
  16. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    It's a nice looking piece if not a little small. Just watch out putting much weight on there, here's all that's holding up the whole assembly back there:

[IMG]

I came up with these as a fix, one on each side, 3/16" aluminum bar stock:

[IMG]
  17. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Now that's some beef! Will the rear tire clear those bolts if fully stroked?
  18. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    The bolts were just put in that way for setting up. Final assembly has them going the other way and are sized to just fit. There are no clearnance issues, in fact, the untrained eye cannot tell.

Here's a pic of the finished underside and a link to the rest of the story, starting on post 57: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/new-rack-for-te630-coming-from-turbo-city.20567/page-3

[IMG]
  19. eric quitt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 510
  20. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
    How much did the genuine husky rack cost?