1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Husky exhaust

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by camshep77, Nov 25, 2009.

1. camshep77 Husqvarna
    C Class

Does anyone know where to get an exhaust absorber?
  2. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Not to sure you are going to find a OEM one unless someone has some lying around, I just use FMF 2stroke silencer packing, but any 2 stroke packing will work.
  3. White Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

What's an exhaust absorber? Do you have any further details?

Cheers
    Lucien
  4. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    It's Husky's OEM silencer packing. Very simple because it came in a tube form. You just took off the end cap of the silencer, then slid the absorber in and put the end cap back on and your good to go. Look at the parts manual PDF file for say a 1978 250 or 390 CR scroll down the the exhaust pipe and you will see what I mean.
  5. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you don`t get the holeshot you become an exhaust absorber:lol:
  6. White Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Holeshots - hmm, I feel a shaggy dog story coming on... Sorry, my wife won't entertain car or bike stories anymore so you guys'll have to put up with them...

In my short lived and rather unimpressive race career (hobby) I only ever got one holeshot. I was so 'adrenalinned up' (?) that I completely overjumped a 20 foot drop off, just managed to stay on board (safety saddle saved the day) but shortly after lost it over a crest at about 50mph. High sided. Slid down the track on my back for what seemed an eternity. Broken arm. Passed by 9 or so riders. Was so pumped that I got back on board and finished 5th. One race I'll never forget.

I don't do holeshots anymore. I also don't absorb exhausts. That's right, it's all cleared by the time I get there!