1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Husky cr450 1973 parts

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by giley, May 14, 2010.

1. giley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Why are the engine parts for the 73 450 huskys so hard to find?
    Having a hard time finding a conrod kit as mine siezed the weekend causing quite a lot of damage!!! Want to be up and running asap as very early on in the racing calender here in the uk.
    Any help with a supplier of a rod kit husky part nos 161069901 would be a great help guys.Have found a complete crank assembly but is very very expensive.
  2. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

They only made the 450 for a couple of years, way too much motor for the frame/suspension/brakes of that era. The factory raced 400s and in 74 went to 360. Lap times are always faster with a smaller motor, that's one of the reasons why Maico's 501 never caught on (and their quality rep)
  3. giley Husqvarna
    AA Class

husky cr450 parts

Finally got all the parts to rebuild my engine. jeff bens supplied the hard to find piston and crank assy. Borrowed a 1976 250 engine off a mate a fitted straight in! just had to make front engine mounting plates and airbell mounting brackets.Raced it once and was very impressed with the performance of the 250 but did miss the torque of the 450 motor!

Attached Files:

4. HuskyT Moderator

Sweet Track Shot!!!

T
  5. crankpin Husqvarna
    B Class

Give Rod Spry a ring http://www.rodspry.co.uk/location.htm
  6. hungryhorace Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 450cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    76 Suzuki rm250a,78 rm100c,BSA A7ish
    I think the huge clutch made the engine too slow picking up revs so most racers preferred the 400, plus the 450 weighed a lot more.
  7. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1965 250, 1978 390 Auto, 1983 510 TX
    The clutch on a 450 is the same size as a 400.. and a 250.. only the 125 had the smaller clutch carried over from the 4 speed engines.. (along with the 74 250 Mag)