Husky Baja Ride Head Count Thread

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Mike Kay, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Please check in if you are gonna join George Erl and I on Labor Day down in Baja.

If ya want to put your Husky on the group trailer nows the time to let me know.

Looks like we will have 15 Huskys.....:)
  2. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm in...on the group trailer.
  3. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm in. I will meet you at the gas station on this side of the border between 2:30 and 3:00. Can't wait!
  4. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone going have a Sat Phone in case of an emergency? If not I could rent one, and if anyone wants to call home to their family it would be about $2 a minute. Let me know.
  5. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    BCVisin,

Your dad going to support the ride or just go in the truck for fun. My question is a gas one. See head count thread on TT for additional info.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Birth certificate? Passport? Bribe $?

When driving across the border both into Mexico and back into the USA?
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its all in the original TT thread.

1) Bikes must have a 70 mile range. That means we will get gas every 70 miles. :)

2) Passports or drivers license with copy of birth certificate needed to re-enter land borders into the USA.

3) Chase truck is a black 4x4 F350. Its gonna be driven by Mathew the Polish guy who ditched the Iron Curtain in the late 70's (great stories) and now flys helicopters. Radios and Sat Phone are in the chase truck.

4) Cell phones work on much of our route.

5) Recommended ya carry a gallon of fuel if you are concerned about your bike not making the distance.

6) Theres a big storm in La Paz right now, we might get lucky and get some sprinkles in a day or two down there, otherwise it will be in the mid-upper 90's. Bring a camelback!

7) Costs are about $150 a day or less. We have reserved rooms and we prepaid a bit already. Big family dinner (chile Rellenos and Chicken and Beef for dinner at 7pm at Rancho Santa Veronica-they are doing a big buffet dinner for us!)

8) Dakar/Baja racer John Dykes plans to meet us at Mikes on Sat. night with his Aprilia Dakar Bike or his Husky. Kinda cool. He is a great guy.

9) George and I marked some parts of the course with tape this weekend with Husky tape. Looks cool. :)

10) gas stops at laguna hanson for the fast group, ojos for the slow group, then at Valle Trinidad. About 70 miles between gas.

11) Met a local Husky rider from the baja town of Tecate who will meet us for dinner on Friday night. Kinda cool to hang with the locals. He rides a TC450.
    He says there are 3 Husky riders in Tecate. Good beer, good bikes. Lucky guys.

Well thats it. PM me if you have concerns or call George. Just meet us at Uptite or at the border and everything is set up for a fun weekend of Baja Husky riding!
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Would another chase truck be of any use? Especially if there are both easy & hard routes?

There was a ride last fall from cal city to Primm NV... a 2nd chase vehicle may have been helpful on that ride cause then the chase trucks could have 'leap frogged'... people would stop to change a flat - and if the chase (gas) vehicle had to stay until all bikes got fuel so it slowed down everyone.
  9. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is another Chase truck going. My Dad is driving my 2007 Silver Tacoma.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks, wanted to make sure.
  11. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

All sounds very cool!!

Looking forward to the ride report and pics!!

Be safe, have fun and ride fast :D