1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Husky 450 te efi problem?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by foeks, Sep 10, 2016.

1. foeks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda transalp xl700
    Hi everybody, I've been having some problems with my 2008 450 te. I've had a full engine overhaul after it seized due to a broken bearing. After that reassembled the bike and it ran fine for the first couple of rides, but now the bike does not run properly with half throttle. Full throttle the bike takes off again, although not with the full power I'm used to. Sometimes it backfires too while this happens.

Since this problem started I've seen the indication light for the lights blinking on the rithm of the ignition too, the tail light does the same and headlight is just steady.

I've did a tps reset, but I have the feeling it might be something electrical.

Hope someone can help me with this or point me in the right direction

Thanks, foeks
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Sounds like you need to go through the wiring and make sure nothing is pinched and/or rubbing.
  3. foeks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda transalp xl700
    I think i found the problem:rolleyes: I was wiggling at the wires behind the headlight and when I was doing so the fuel pump would start up again, as it would be if you turn the ignition on. I pulled the headlight off and wiggled a bit more. After this, the bike did not work at all anymore but this did point me to the problem. pulled the connector of the ignition switch and hotwired it so that the ignition stayed on and took it for a testdrive.

Anyway, the wiring harnass is badly damaged by the previous owner, so ive got a lot of taping up to do. And Im in search of a new ignition switch.

Does anybody know the colours of the wiring that needs to be connected, I might just put a universal ignition switch on (or just a on/off switch so that I can ride again):D
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Fuel pump or filter? As huskynoobee said, check your wiring everywhere. These wire harnesses have many areas that rub through. Have you cleaned your injector?
  5. foeks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda transalp xl700
    @286fords, huskynobee, the fuelpump and filter have been replaced recently but I did check them today and they look fine. I think we can nail it down on the wiring, as after I cut a couple tie-wraps the ignition did not come on at all anymore, and i could hotwire it and the bike ran fine. I didnt have the chance to took it for a proper ride yet but will give it a go tomorrow and see how she behaves.

I am thinking about soldering a couple new wires to the ignition switch and see if that helps

How can I clean the injector? Ive took out the throttle body and have a good look at it and the injector was not looking dirty.

Thanks, foeks
  6. foeks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda transalp xl700
    All, the problem is solved, it was a loose connection in the lock switch. I took her for a spin all day today and no problems anymore.. thanks for the advise
    KaramanTE450 likes this.
  7. KaramanTE450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin
    ΓΕΙΑ !!!
    ΕΧΩ παρόμοιο πρόβλημα και να κάνουμε SPARK ΕΙΚΟΝΑ ΩΣ πλούσιο μίγμα
    Είδα κάτι σαν τη δική μου?
    (TE 450 2008)
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna