1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc ** Husky 1996 WR250 **

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mirringues, Apr 9, 2009.

1. mirringues Husqvarna
    B Class

HI! I would like to purchase a '96 WR250 that somebody's is offering to me in a really nice price ($1500), the bike's got new tires and cosmetics appear to be decent no major dents or scratches, well so this is the question: Does it really worth? not even for the price, the model's year makes me hesitate about to find spare parts and also from somebody's comment he told me those bikes from '96 gave really headaches. I am not in a rush to get any bike, I have well known about Husqvarna from some friends that got them from recently models and issues with them are equal as compared as many other bikes companies, What do you guys think about it, Can you give me some advices and tips >>>??? :excuseme:

;)

thx
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Not to sure why no one has answered you yet.

I'm not familiar with that year.
    But if your not in a hurry. I would wait.

Someone will help out soon. :cheers:
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 96 250 was a great all around bike. The transmission was a true wide ratio 6 speed. The motor was very reliable and user friendly. I have one as a spare bike for friends to ride because it requires little maintance and is easy to ride for all skill levels. The only thing I did not like was the front fork which I changed to a different year that I bought on ebay. If the bike is in good shape it should give you good service.
  4. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    I think it's a little on the high side. You can get other dirtbikes the same age for $1000 or so. The '96 isn't a collector bike so no extra value.
    I liked the way the 90's Huskies looked. My son liked the Dayglo green in the graphics.
  5. mirringues Husqvarna
    B Class

So not even for collectors, that year's bike would give me a little headache tryin' to find out spare parts, well as I told before I am not in a rush to get that bike for now but doesn't pulls me out completely to think about it twice, It's an old piece and I must consider not to fall in obsess myself, well I will leave this post open more time to listening additional experiences.

Thx fellas for comments support, I'd like the view of that bike and I always will. :thumbsup:
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Spare parts shuold not be an issue for a 1996, I have been able to get everything I need for mine !