Hows the quality of the red anodizing?

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Tee-Dub, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

I've been contemplating ordering some of this sweet 7602 bling for my SMR510 before my first oil change but am debating over the red. I've had red anodized stuff before that faded to a pink. How is the anodizing on this stuff and have you guys had any issues with it fading?
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Luckily we have found a very good anodizer to do our stuff. I am very happy with both the color, and the durability of their anodizing. We had some bad luck with another company which prompted the change, and I'm very happy we got hooked up with this new place. Good stuff.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It comes down to organic or non organic dies. Non organic fade to pink, the nasty stuff does not. Costs more and is bad for the environment. I had really good luck with my 7602 clutch cover.
  4. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey. I think Gutzy bought the 7602 kit and was really pleased with it. I'm doing the same when the oil change is due. The product is cool and I was thinking even if it did go a bit fairy pink you could re-anodise it or even polish it bright or something? It's a million miles better than the stock crusty cover either way. My gold OE engine bolts are corroding too so they're seeing the bin sometime soon.
  5. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

I'm torn between black and the red. Afraid it might be too much red cause you know I'd have to buy all the kit!
  6. GUTZY Husqvarna
    A Class

Very pleased with my covers.[IMG]
  7. Aquavarna Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    My red clutch saver is about a year old and still looks like new
  8. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    We have a case guard that was probably from the old anodizing company. Though it hasn't changed color at all, it never was very Husky red. The quality of the part is excellent, though. I need to see if they make one for the TXC 250.
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Matching the Husky red is almost impossible. There are dyes that come close to matching that color, but they seem to be more prone to fading into pink quickly. Thats why we went with the deep red on our parts.
  10. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    I believe it! I personally avoid red anodizing myself, but my husband just has to have red bling. lol. Your products are excellent, though. Thanks for spending the time to make quality parts for our Huskies!
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    My pleasure! Thanks so much for the business.
  12. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

My radiator guards are maintaining their color.
  13. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Hopefully their shape too! Meaning you haven't crash tested them yet. [IMG]
  14. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes I have! They save my right radiator from certain destruction. It hit hard enough to bend the guard but didn't touch the radiator. Great product.
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Well that's good news... in a way. Good they did their job and no expensive damage to the radiator, bad you crashed. Hopefully you came out of it ok too.