How to start the Trip 1 meter?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Scott Eldredge, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F850 GSA. Gas Gas Txt 300
    I can't get trip 1 to show anything other than 0.0. I've read the manual over and over. it's tied to the STP 1 function. Press and hold button for 3 seconds, then:

1st step: function ON
    2nd step: stop counters
    3rd step: reset STP1, TRIP, and AVS data
    4th step: activate functions
    5th step: stop counters

and so on...

Not sure what "step" means. Press button again I assume, but that just takes me to the next screen as in regular use, and eventually to Trip 1 reading 0.0. Can't figure out how to make it record anything.

The Trip 2 meter works with the above procedure, not Trip 1.
  2. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 630 had the same problem from new. I got a new instrument panel under warranty. I was supposed to replace it myself but still new sitting in the box. Since the bike is no longer under warranty and the gauge unit is unobtanium the solutions are either circuit repair your self or learn to not use "trip 1" or even aftermarket gauges. I just use a GPS and trip 2.
  3. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks. So it's not just me. Instrument is mostly unreadable except at a standstill with my head in just the right angle, so it's not a big deal. Could you go through the process of the steps. How do I reset trip 2?
  4. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    To reset,just press that button long enough,numbers go to zero, then release button.
  5. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks. And the trip meter starts over automatically. There's no step 4 that you have to do to activate it?
  6. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Yes,that one works logically. In mine trip one doesnt work either,i havent bothered to see how it should be activated,one trip meter is enough for me.