How to reset ecu without ibeat

Discussion in '610/630' started by GongoraGeorge, May 27, 2017.

1. GongoraGeorge Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm630 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia sr motard 125
    Hi, thank you for let me enter the forum. My name is George i have a sm630 2011, im a newbie in this kind of bikes, my bike was a tester bike in the former husqvarna chile dealer before the ktm move, i dont know why but this bike wasn´t that good for the chilean market, as far i know there are just two. Anyway, the bike have 5,300 miles and was stored for long time, due to that the fuel pump result damage. I already replace it, and after that the bike doesn´t aacelerate smoothly, the engine tends to go off, and suddenly kicks off full power, the mechanic says its dirt from the fuel tank, already clean it 3 times but still happend, but seems to be more an electrical problem, thats why i think reseting the system could work. Besides that the bike seems to be limited and feels like a 300cc.

Any advice you can give me, will be really helpful.

Good weekend!
  2. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    There is no "resetting" the ecu with or without iBeat. iBeat would show error codes though.

I suppose if the bike sat long enough the fuel could have gone to complete crap and fouled up the injector. A professional cleaning of the injector would be best but injection cleaner and a couple hundred miles of easy riding might improve things.

If you have no aftermarket fuel tuner or no fuel adjustments w/ iBeat then your bike is likely very lean at hi rpms.