1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

How To Remove Front Wheel Bearing On My Cr500-83?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by gyberg, Jan 23, 2018.

1. gyberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR 500 -83
    Hi

How do I remove the piece with two small holes that is located outside the bearing?
    Is it threaded? Left/right?

Anyone who knows?

Best regards
    Tobias

Attached Files:

2. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Get a nice round punch, drift pin anything that is long enough to fit in axle hole. Their is space in center all husky wheels held in place by foam. Just push against this center spacer at angle to move it to the side. Now the bearing should be exposed on other side. Keep pressure on center spacer and hit the pin resting on bearing with hammer till bearing comes out. Some come out easy other take a few wacks
  3. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    I recomend you hit the end of pin and not your hand as I always do
    hvaloz3 and moto_surfer like this.
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    It will come out by removing the bearing. I think it once had pins in the little holes that tuned the odometer drive. Or maybe the Cr model got what is pictured.

The bearing needs hit with a punch that has a square end. It needs hit back and forth, side to side, at least the ones I have done. It is kind of like knocking the race out of the steering tube, not too much to actually get a punch on. At least until the bearing moves enough that the center pipe like spacer can be pushed farther out of the way. Your results may vary.
  5. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    Application of heat and dropping the wheel on to some solid timber raised of the ground can be enough sometimes.
  6. gyberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR 500 -83
    Ok.
    Thank you guys! I have tried with a punch from the opposite side, but it was very stubborn... So I thought maybe it was threaded... Maybe I just need to convince it properly!
  7. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Maybe the bearing on the other side will come out easier. Then that one should accept a larger punch or drift.