1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc how to get my WR125 road legal

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chris Sykes, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    I realise most of you are from across the pond so im unsure what response ill get in here....but

I want to get my 06 wr 125 road legal.

What do i need to be able to get it on the road with a daytime m.o.t?

I believe i can do away with a headlight and indicators, but need a back brake light and red reflector.

I have a back light with 3 wires coming from it, red,black and yellow from what i remember, but these are currently going nowhere.

I guess this needs to be wired up to a sensor on either the front of back brake pedal (or both?).
    Where can i find these sensors?

The previous owner has removed the speedo so i need to buy another one, and i guess theres some more wiring and a sensor going to the wheel so speed can be worked out?

I plan on doing my full bike test this year but would like to ride this on a CBT (restricted to 12bhp or similar), how do these bikes get restricted? something in the inlet/exhaust?

Is there anything else i have forgotten to mention?

Thanks!
  2. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Obviously i will need to go to VOSA and register the bike, before the mot test.
    Its just the parts i need that im really interested in.

I may look into getting some offroad tyres that are 'E' marked, i dont think my knobblies are.
    Either that or buy another set of wheels with supermoto tyres on and swap them over when i hit the dirt.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Here in the state of California, we have information that is published by the Department of Motor Vehicles that has all the details about what is needed for a motorcycle to be equipped properly for use on paved highways. We know that we need DOT approved tires and running lights, and that modern dirt bikes can no longer be converted to street legal status, or even brought in from other states already converted, etc.. I'm surprised that government agencies that oversee vehicle regulations where you live, don't readily provide the public with that sort of information.
  4. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Its ok to make a dirt bike road legal over here. You can either have the full running lights with indicators or you can apply for a daytime m.o.t test so that you can ride in daylight hours only, and you dont need lights.

I pretty much know what i need, but i was hoping to maybe get some links that sell the parts im after, like the brake sensor. I dont know whether there is just a standard sensor that can be used on any bike or whether it needs to be husky specific....
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    My 2010 wr144 has a working brake light. It came from the factory that way, there is a pressure switch in the rear master cylinder and a electrical contact switch attached to the front brake lever pivot. Operating either one turns on the brake light and the head and taillight come on when the engine is running(no switches). Your dealer should be able to get you what you need. Good luck!:cheers: