How to adjust idle on TE 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by Carsondriver, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Carsondriver Husqvarna
    A Class

Forgive the ignorance, but where to I access the screw to adjust down the idle on a te 630/.. thanks
  2. CaptObvious Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Amazing! The timing. I just finished installing the power up kit (resistor, pipe plug), bike runs great by the way, and I'm not sure where the idle adjust screw is either. Any help greatly appreciated! Also, the fuel cross over on the rear left and right of the tank; I took the left side off to lift the tank up a bit, and both drain nuts were off. Is this how they are suppose to be - to function as a reserve, or should they be open to keep the tank balanced as the fuel gets low, or, it doesn't really matter. I kept them closed and the bike runs fine, actually, better now, with the kit installed, but I haven't been down the road yet. Thanks in advanced!
  3. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Behind the lower forward part of the airbox cover is a screw that controls the idle speed.
  4. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

5. Carsondriver Husqvarna
    A Class

thanks.. found it.. adjusted it and now at 1700rpm.. much better than 2400!..much appreciated..
  6. CaptObvious Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Thank you!
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Manual specs idle at 1650, FYI.
  8. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I run mine around 1450.. for some reason I like the lower idle speed
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I do run mine a tad lower. Not 1450 low, but maybe 1550-1600.
  10. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    A bit higher at 1650-1750 keeps the oil pressure up, assists starting, improves cooling while idling, and helps reduce excess 4-stroke decelleration. The smaller CC bikes are set for about 1900-1950, same reasons.
    jtemple likes this.
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I agree. If I turn it down too low the engine starts to clatter, almost like knocking/lugging. It doesn't sound like the valve noise you typically hear.
  12. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    After doing the PU mod (plug and resister) I take it you have to adjust the idle down correct??

BTW, where do you buy the resister? Is this something you modify with current one you have??
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    The bike idles significantly higher and significantly smoother once the PU kid is installed.

You can purchase the whole kit from a dealer for about $40, or you can make your own. The kit is a plug and washer for O2 sensor hole in the exhaust system, and a jumper with a resistor in it to plug into the wiring harness. Once the ECU detects that resistor, it changes the fuel mapping and makes the bike run the way Husky intended.
  14. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    Which way does what? I was turning mine CW and CCW this morning and it didn't seem to make a difference either way for some reason. Weird.
  15. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    Nevermind, I found it in the shop manual.

CW to increase idle
    CCW to decrease idle

set to 1650
  16. NVR2L8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF230 KLX300
    I did the PU kit, reset the idle to 1650 but mine jumps 1650 to 1750 back and forth constantly. When I put it in gear say sitting at a stop light it jumps to 1750-1850 back and forth, back and forth. Is this normal? should it sit at 1650 and not change? do I maybe have an air leak?
  17. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Mine does the same thing. FI metering. Or it's just the gauge. It takes awhile to catch up to speed changes too.
  18. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Yeah, don't worry about it. The bike also idles differently based on how hot/cold the engine is. Shoot for a 1650 average and you're good to go.
  19. NVR2L8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF230 KLX300
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. Takes a worry out, thought I might have an air leak somewhere.
  20. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    Could they have made this less accessible if they tried? F*** me.

Could someone please tell me the size of the nut labelled 1 in the photo and whether to use a ring or open ended spanner? After fitting the JD kit it is idling around 1,900 so I would like to drop it back to 1,650. Any idea how much adjustment this would require, e.g. a full turn, half a turn?

Thank you.