How fast should turn the TE630 starter motor?

Discussion in '610/630' started by motranqui, Dec 11, 2016.

1. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi
    So far I have had not issues to start the bike, by today, after being the bike all night long outside at -2ºC temperature the bike got difficult to start. I wonder if the speed of the starter motor has something to do with it, as mine goes, let’s say, a bit slow. Nothing to do with the ones I show you in these videos.

What’s the speed of the starter motor depends on? I checked the battery and I think it is OK

Thank you
  2. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi again.

I’ve just find out that according to the spare part catalogue, the battery is 12V/12Ah while according to the workshop manual is 12V/14Ah. My battery is the first one. The second one has 16.7% more power than the first one... :thinking:
  3. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Its CCA (cold cranking amps) you need to think about not Ah.
    To put it simply, Ah is how much charge a battery stores and CCA is a measurement of the number of amps a battery can deliver at 0 ° F for 30 seconds and not drop below 7.2 volts.
    Usually high Ah batteries dont give good CCA and vice versa.
    I have a Motobatt MBTX12U that used to be on my RSV Mille on my 610 now, 200 CCA
  4. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    That's a useful piece of information, thank you, Spice Weasel

The figures:
    -In the TE310 I have a Yuasa YTZ7S 6,3Ah, 130CCA. I asume the TE310 engine is quite small compared with the TE630, but the starter motor turns really quickly... and that´s good. :)
    -In the TE630 I have a Haijiu HTX14-BS, 12Ah. No information about CCA ...
  5. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I looked up the spec and its supposed to be 200CCA
    The RSV Milles had a tendency to be bad starters and needed high CCA. They would flood or damage the expensive sprag if it was sluggish turning over and kick back. There was alot of discussion about batteries on the forum back when i had the Ape, and the Motobatt turned into a popular choice.
    Maybe your battery just needs a night on charge. If that doesnt sort out your sluggish cold starting problem you will be shopping for a replacement.
  6. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Thanks again. The battery is OK (12,65V). So may be Haijiu is not the more suitable battery for the TE630... I don't know
    In the short term I won't change the battery (because normally the bike is in the garage at night). In the future I'll buy another brand.

What about dimensions? Mine is 145X145X83 (lenght, height, wide), I would'nt like to buy a bigger one, specially regarding to lenght and wide, as there is not much room...
  7. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Maybe clean the terminals, make sure the earth to the frame is good and as i posted, put it on charge over night. Haijiu brand batteries could prove to be just as good as any other brand, im not picking fault with them.
    http://www.motobattbatteries.com/motobatt-mbtx12u.html
    http://www.stamatopoulosbattery.gr/ell/product/HAIJIU-HTX14-BS-12V-12AH
    I could only find a site with full Haijiu specs in Greek.
    Battery technology has moved on alot now. Maybe there is a li-ion battery available that would offer the best starting performance for a 630. I know nothing about this kind of battery technology, so maybe someone who does would be kind enough to post some info about them?
  8. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F