1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Hourmeter 2013 TE449

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mojorod, May 30, 2013.

1. Mojorod Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013, WR125 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why?
    Hi
    Finally got my hands on a TE449, yes yes. I read here that 449 is missing a hourmeter, so I bought one with a cable to wind around the coil-cable. But they have a integrated coil fitted direct over the plug like modern cars.
    Also, in the speedo there´s a mode which is not meantioned in the manual: 0:00 with a H underneath. I was sure this was a hourmeter, but it´s not counting still after 1,5hrs driving.

Help!?
  2. Mojorod Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013, WR125 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why?
    ... and I don´t want a big Trailtech speedo either
  3. KGSloan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR450f, Kawi KLX 110, HD V-Ro
    i had the same issue on my 2013 TXC310r - wouldn't pick up the signal from just wrapping around the coil inside the head. so did it like i have done in the past on my yamaha WR (134 hour and working like a champ on that bike)

Disassembled the coil (spark plug) connector, stripped about 3/4" of wire on the hour meter, wrapped around tight to connector (it will all be wedged together inside the connector)

[IMG]

shoved both wired into the connector together and reassembled the pieces of the connector

[IMG]

plugged in, reads perfect. tach and all (bought combo tach/hour meter)

Of course, I ran the wires nice, taped up the section of sheath i split, etc. Looks pretty clean once done. also, the coil isn't then stuck to the motorcycle, it is free once unplugged like it is from the factory
    TE in RC likes this.
  4. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You can also tap into the fuel pump relay and just jump a signal out of there, much easier to get to on the sid eof the bike. THen the hour meter see power when ever the fuel pump is running. Works great on both my TC449s.
    TE in RC likes this.
  5. Mojorod Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013, WR125 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why?
    Ok, so the meter picks up signal even from 12V? I thought it needed the high voltage signal after the coil.
  6. Marc Noel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Stephen:

I recently got an inductive tach, tried your connection recommendation, and it worked.

Two questions: Why does it work, and how did you connect? I just poked the wire in to test it, but have not yet permanently connected it.

Marc
  7. 2wheeler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    72 Suzuki TS185
    Anyone else connect an hour meter same as pictured above? KGSloan hasn't been around for awhile.

Any reason the white wire is preferable over the blue one?

Disconnect battery first? :excuseme:
  8. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I used the two wire type from Motominder.
    Red wire to the fuel pump positive, black to the engine earth.
    Counts whenever the pump runs as mentioned above. IMG_20151218_202536.JPG