Honda Valley, What do you know about it?

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Dave Mills, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Dave Mills Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used to love riding in Honda Valley by the Hesperia airport in the early nineties, but last I heard, sheriffs on dirt bikes were impounding bikes if you were riding there. I recently heard you can still ride out there, but I don't know to what extent. Any info on this would be great, as I'd like to show my son some of my old areas.
  2. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Shopping for lightly used 09/10 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    350SXF 530EXC 300XC 525EXC 525MXC
    Teaching him to poach illegal trails on private property early I see... :lol:
  3. Dave Mills Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm trying to find out if it is illegal, genius
  4. Dave Mills Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you been there Jeff aka BOLT?
  5. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Not since it was outlawed and enforced many many moons ago. Locals still blast in... and blast out... and just stay moving. It doesn't draw so many folks like it once did from all around so I suspect the LEOs are not so busy out there making a point like they used to.

Still if it was me I wouldn't wanna be in a pursuit with my son on hand... or worse yet get busted with him. Although it would be a good story later. :busted:
  6. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BTW - Where you be... high desert ?
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I was out that way recently for work and it looks like it still gets lots of use. Was thinking it looked like a great local riding spot, but like most old chill spots they pay the man to go rip around on them and have a blast giving people tickets. If they would just charge an entry fee, they would fill the county coffers with much more "revenue"
  8. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    How does the county charge a fee for someone else's private land ?

I'm all for the end of ridiculous regulations on public land that we all own... but I gotta admit it pisses me off when I am out on my property and some douche has burned in a trail beside my roads rather than use the driveway. And where I have cool single track they have to cut every corner due to lack of talent or pure laziness.

Wanna really hate dirt bikers... just buy some land and watch how stupid they can be.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Didn't know it was private, looks like miles of sand wash with power lines running through it.
  10. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That sounds a little like some times I had with Weyerhaeuser about a decade ago .... Best just don't get into it with people in such a slanted game ...

--

A scary though just came to me ... One of the issues with a regulated society, it seems, is they always want to regulate ... Think about regulation ... First you gotta spend money to set the regulation up in multiple ways maybe. Once setup, you'll have long-term maintenance costs then you generate revenue off the ones you regulate. Sounds pretty closed looped and a small loop. (Just totally ignore the fact that the ones who are regulated are also the ones who payed for the process set up)

That's the way of being regulated way to often. Now, consider any ground in question that is somewhat desolate that could be opened up the public. First, forget the money spending a regulated always drives into... Put a sign out front of the area with some rules on dumping or whatever else, but pretty much any thing goes. Its unregulated and make it clear that when you enter, you are own your own. I'd have to add some health stuff here also ... Helicopter rides maybe but not sure how. I don't see why a real rescue is not good training for the military.

Get caught a couple times trashing a camp site or whatever, your privileges are revoked. Do the roads inside every 2-3 yrs maybe, maybe let the public report trashed out sites or other garbage ... No facilities except for water points maybe ... Maybe do a yrly, weekly fee or something but nothing big. Drop the street riding requirement ...
    A website might be needed to report things ... Maybe have a small forum for the riders maybe ... There was some very good info provided by WA state on GPNF not sure if there was a section where riders might could chat ... I ran into a guy other there once who lived close and he knew everything going on in his area almost daily ...

Reverting back to Dan'l Boone days should be the unwritten goal ...
    troy deck likes this.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That will unfortunately never happen, especially in Commifornia. The crown jewel of nanny states has created a bloated system where everything is subject to regulation because we aren't smart enough to make good decisions on our own. It's much more palatable to make something illegal, or at least frowned upon so that a complete govt department can be put in place to regulate said activity/business/recreation, etc.

Then this dept becomes it's own bloated bunch of civil servants making big money and huge retirement accounts to push paper around so that they can have either local or specialized leos hand out citations, confiscate property, throw people in jail and all on the taxpayer dime.

If they simply gave us our freedom, then those fat bastards would be out of a job, and we can't have that now can we?
  13. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We (maybe not you... maybe not me... but we the society) put those people in office that created the system we have. And "we" do it election after election. California is still an amazing place aside from the hacks in gubberment. But I no longer let them bother me. I am more bothered by my friends and family and neighbors and co-workers that were too stupid to get it all those years I pounded my chest from my soap box as they stared dunce like into space defending their choices for feel good lever pulls for bullet point one liner politicians.

Just like the idiot on a dirt bike that burns tracks across my tiny bit of land thinking it's all OK... my fellow citizens have let me down politically decade after decade to the point where it is no longer the politician that offends me. Politicians are only the symptom of a self absorbed mindless thoughtless and ignorant population.
    Radar, Bomber1b and Huskynoobee like this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    True true, the cattle are indeed mesmerized by the latest feel good, glamorous, politically correct fads. They have also been conditioned to vote for anybody promising them the next govt provided freebee in exchange for another little piece of their personal freedom.:banghead:
    Bomber1b and Jeff aka BOLT like this.
  15. Dave Mills Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did not realize it was private land. Hey, Jeff how much land do you have out there? where abouts?
    I know someone who bought land out there in Lucerne Valley and tried to build a mx track... Somebody complained and he ran into huge hurdles every step of the way. He had to get a permit to move dirt! Move dirt in the middle of the desert! I really don't know what else to do with land out there besides off road recreation. Maybe solar farms or wind farms?
  16. Dave Mills Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have another question, If the land is owned privately by citizens, how does the police have the ability to patrol and enforce these areas? It must be owned by the city or county, or Boss Hogg, or some official for that to happen.
  17. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Generally in CA most counties have flipped on how trespassing is handled. In the past the land had to be signed NO TRESPASS for cops to intervene. Now, if you don't own it or have written permission it is illegal to ride and the cops can intervene... signage is NOT REQUIRED.

The tide changed dramatically with that simple change in the laws/ordinances.

I only have 20 acres. In San Bernardino county I have to own 40 to legally ride an ohv on my own property. But I am in the middle of a valley all alone in old horse country. I like the solitude and don't wanna hear a dirt bike unless it's mine or my riding buddies. I have no desire to put a track on my land. I ride technical trails and hidden gems. I stay OFF the radar. All my bikes are plated.

No Metal Mulisha here.

This valley is actually on top of a mountain near my home. Pristine. Isolated. Beautiful. Mine. :naughty:

01.jpg
    Bomber1b likes this.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm not trying to be mean or tell you your business ... I'm not trying to say right or wrong here, but I'm in the belief that everywhere has evolved because of its resources foremost, followed by inhabitants as some sort of general rule ... Lots of places no real resources, no real inhabitants ... Best example and only an example ..AFGN = popppies ... They grow them for the world today, at this period of time. It's what they do. California = <everything you said> ... See the connection? Whatever California is, that is what it has evolved into, today. You get to vote when to make changes for your state?

You can continue your path or take another path maybe? Myself, I can't live in the former but maybe the latter would be possible. Either way, its my choice. I choose neither. Might be something you might consider... Maybe cut their money off? Might give you a better attitude on your daily living situation.

Just pulling this off the top of my head, but I don't thing there are too many examples in the world of large entities such as countries (Russias?) reverting backwards and going happily down the road ... CA is like a country in budget $$... Might be hard for it to shrink much without a lot of pain for someone. How was 2008 as another example.

--

Here's my land renting today ...Out of the blue, my racer friends rented this lot and the town built a track for the coming fiesta ... I layed out 3000P on the 10000P cost for a yr... We race tomorrow.. Cebu = <beyond> .. Good luck riders..

108_0347.JPG
  19. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Air Paradise, this is the tower, you are clear for take off.
  20. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Those two photos represent two totally different states of mind. We aren't even living on the same planet. :lol:
    Huskynoobee likes this.