1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc High compression 300 cylinder head

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by windsurf, Aug 24, 2018.

1. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone know if the high compression race head is still available? I had one on a 2010 300 a few years ago and would like another for a 2012 I have now. Can't remember the parts number but were available through some dealers.
  2. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

If they are still available or sitting on someone’s shelf somewhere, I bet Halls Husqvarna in Springfield would know about it. I am always amazed at what they have been able to source for me.
  3. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the suggestion. Someone did reply yesterday that has a used one here in Oz, I'm just waiting for him to get back to me. I have also messaged Hall's to see if they have one otherwise.
  4. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    Give Dave a call from www.twostrokeperformance.com.au
    He can machine your cylinder head and advise new jetting to suit. It improves both performance and fuel economy.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Haha he said he hates working on these bikes!
  6. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks, i'll wait and see what rancher wants for his first. Not worried about the jetting, I used an Airstyrker on my 2010 and got the jetting really good, probably do the same with this one. It was the head that really brought the bike alive especially bottom end and mid range.
  7. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not sure why anyone would hate working on them, they have to be the simplest bike on the planet.
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Dunno just read a post on FB from him saying it. Old design maybe poor combustion chamber I forget what it was exactly
  9. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    From what I recall when I had one that's probably it. The combustion chamber is wrong for the application and one of the fixes is to use a domed piston from another (Beta?) 300