Help

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Bigbill, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I'm trying to open up some articles in the tech rep postings and they won't open something like can't find the husky server? Help??
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Bigbill,

You aren't the only one. I have had trouble getting onto Café Husky for about a 3 or more weeks now. Nobody else uses my home computer. I think its the Café Husky website server issues as well.

Have you noticed that only about half of the amount of members and guests are online compared to a month or so back. You can see this, if you look to the right side of the screen where it shows the head count of members and guests. It has been about cut in half recently?

I stay logged in all the time. I don't log off or sign out, so it should be a 1 click deal to get back on ? Half the time I can't get online from home at all. In fact all day today. Until right now.

I don't seem to have to sit for several minutes to get onto the site at work though. However the other 3 days a week I'm home I can click my Icon to log on and wait for several minutes and nothing. If it does open the website. I spend several minutes watching the pages load or not, if I can get onto the website at all.

I sent a PM about this to Moderator "Joe Chod" about 3 weeks back and he said he didn't know anything about it. He also said he wasn't a "Computer Guy" he is just a "Mod" trying to help. He said "Coffee" has been out for over a year or more.

I realize that "Coffee" doesn't check in anymore but I don't believe I am the only one having site issues either.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Guys. For most of the Vintage Husky links under tech info, IT IS Not the server. Most things are linked to where they reside on the net outside of CH. If someone does not maintain it then it goes away and henceforth the link on CH does not find it on the web. there is no storage here on CH.

Most of those links were on husky oriented web sites and sites for example like yourhusky.com are now defunct. don't be under the impression becaue the site had "Husky" in it that we run or maintain it. Sorry but that's the answer
    jack topper, Big Timmy and rancher1 like this.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for the answer Joe.
  5. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    sites been working great for me..i never use a phone to view it however. i stay logged in as well, probably havent logged out for months.
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    I'm only a mobile user and I've not had any issues.
    My email to coffee has gone unanswered that's like 4 months ago....
    Still love the site tho.
  7. jack topper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda, yamaha, suzuki, Indian, Kawas
    I log in and out of the site virtually every day; sometimes from a desktop computer, sometimes from a tablet. Although I occasionally check the box to stay logged in during the day, I've always logged out at the end of the day. I haven't had any issues in the short time I've been a member.
    JT
  8. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Same here. Mostly mobile and always signed in with not an issue one. Hopefully it stays that way.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I sign in after timeout all the time. Works great for me. Big Thumbs Up to our overworked, underappreciated mods.
    juicypips likes this.
  10. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok, Ok, everybody is having a great time logging in or out, on or off, the website without any issues.

I appreciate the work the Moderators do too. I can relate. I myself Moderate the "BMW G450 Riders Forum and Registry", along with the "G450 Accessory Nation" section of that BMW forum. The "G450 Classified Section" as well and a nearly dead "Husky Talk" section of the BMW forums group as well.

So I'm no stranger to Moderating forums, it very well can be something a person does on the side that can consume a lot of that persons precious time.

However, It still remains the same for me as I said logging in at home. Maybe its my internet service carrier (Century Link) whom also handles my (DirectTV) service as well.

I use "Bing" as my Homepage and Internet browser. I can type the "Café Husky" directly into the browser on my home computer and it does the same thing about 70% of the time. The page won't open.

There are ways around this though. Like I can go to my saved "Café Husky emails" box at home and get the website open by clicking the link sent to me by email from a PM message to me on "CH" for instance. Then click the attached link and it will bring me to the site quicker. It will take me right to the PM message, then I can enter the forum section from there.

Same thing if I "Bing" a known thread topic or specific subject and find the Link for that subject off the internet that lists "Café Husky" as a source. Click it, it takes me right to the CH site. Like everybody else I suppose.

Trying to go direct to the site though, I may have to click the "Café Husky" logo I have saved right on my task bar several times to get it to open or take me to the "Café Husky" website. I'm not kidding.

Now, It could be my Internet supplier may have made some changes to their own servers or something. I've had my Home computer looked at and I've had it scanned several times, all junk files removed with my CC cleaner. "Dell" scans it once a month for all the hardware. Its been scanned a few times by "Windows" services for the software, Defragged the disc, Etc. Etc.

It still doesn't go directly to the "Café Husky" website from my favorites list even when I am still logged in. I never log out. But I have to log back in after my scheduled monthly "Dell" scan. I have deliberately logged out a few times to see if that would help when I'm having this issue, same thing either way. Then an hour or so later I'll Click the mouse on the Icon Logo on my task bar and it will pop right up on my screen? All the rest of the time. It gives me a blank white page about 70% of the time. If I didn't have a screen saver it would stay like that sometimes for a few hours until I click it off. I may then click it on immediately after though it opens right up with no delay as it normally used to??

I don't know why its only doing this on "Café Husky" which is one of my favorite websites either. That's out of about only 5 websites I even have saved to my favorites or pinned to my task bar or that I even use? I would just like to know why?

My Computer is working fine on everything else.

If any one who is a bit more savvy on computers then I am and they could help that would be great.

When it seems to be having issues, and at this point, I'll say it's on my end. If it does open to the "Café Husky's Homepage", it takes about twice as long for the Homepage to load. It has a long delay before it will take me to any of my "Alerts", once the Home page is fully loaded on the screen.

This is not something I am imagining. It just isn't working like it used to. I am the only one who touches my computers. I thought others may have an issue too as the members board on the right side of the home page lists how many members are on line and how many visitors are also online at any given time.

If I remember, it seems to be a lot less members online at a given time than it used to be. At the same times, I normally would probably log on myself. That doesn't mean I am talking down on the website, that was just my own perception of members or total people that are online.

By the way, it does the same thing on my laptop plugged into the same router, right next to my desktop. Neither of my computers is hooked up wireless to the router, I might add. I use USB cables on both of them. I've even swapped out those cables.

So maybe it's because I live in a rural area perhaps, which is about 15 blocks from the Mexico Border, but I doubt it, as this has only been going on now for not quite a month maybe.

I haven't experienced any of these same slow page loading symptoms on any other motorcycle forums I use or any websites at all.
    So again, If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Now, I believe I have explained pretty well what I have been experiencing. It must be just me.

Because at this point, I must be the only one on planet earth that is having a problem from my "Home computer" getting on to "Café Husky".

I'm walking out of the door from work right now so its working fine.

Everybody have a good "Thanksgiving Holiday"
  11. jack topper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda, yamaha, suzuki, Indian, Kawas
    Big Timmy, you might try installing a different browser. I use Firefox on my work machine and my home machine, and IE on my tablet. All work fine. I'm on a T1 line at work and Verizon broadband wireless on my home machine (which is a 13 year old Dell laptop) and my Samsung S6 tablet.
    If you do switch browsers, I would choose NOT to import favorites, history or cookies from your Bing setup as that may well be where your problem lies. Good luck!
    JT
    justintendo and Big Timmy like this.
  12. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    firefox is sweet...so fast and the ad blocking tools you can add are awesome
  13. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Jack,

All my Cookies and any corrupted files from my browser history get removed with my Windows services calls, windows scheduled automatic updates and my McAfee automatic scans that I've had done.

I will try "Google" as a single one time use browser, just to see if it has any affect on speed.

I've ran 'Firefox" on my Work laptop with a "Govt. Verizon Broadband wireless device" to do Breach reports on the Border Fence from my Work Truck in the field. I have since turned that whole "doorstop" arrangement in to CBP.

It would take too damned long to save reports in PDF form to my Govt. Shared file. All while myself and my Work Truck is getting rocked from Semi Pro baseball players moonlighting in Mexico as drug smugglers. While I'm parked near the Fence getting a Cellular signal, and GPS Coordinates. LOL.

Trust me in saying, most of the other "Talented athletes" that can run, jump or swim have already left that Country. Leaving behind all of those who can accurately throw a rock or empty bottle. So for my own safety reasons, the field laptop got shit canned.

I'll try the "Google" but as a doing a permanent install, it seems to have a bunch of other extras combined with their associated package deals, With pop ups sending me requests to install upgrade to their Google Chrome everything package.

I was just trying to make it clear from my last post what was going on, for some "Help" myself. I thought others may have a suggestion too. So far though, You have been the only one who has even shared any wisdom or even made a suggestion. Thanks.

For this being a "Help" thread in the General (Main) section, I guess I sort of derailed it off track from its original "Help" Post by Bigbill.

I'm done, It is what it is. I have 4 days off, I will figure something out.

Going riding tomorrow.

So Again I say Thanks and have a good Holiday.