1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Help With Parts/bike Pricing?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by tbh37620, Jul 1, 2018.

1. tbh37620 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 400 CR
    Hello all, I was hoping to get some info as far as what to ask for 2 project bikes and some parts I have from a package deal purchase I did a while back. I am not far enough into the vintage Husky world to know whats worth what so needing some honest input from the knowledgeable guys.

The 2 bikes are a 1973 CR 400 and a 1975 250 CR GP. Both are clearly project bikes. Frames, forks, wheels, etc are straight. The pictures show most of it. There are what appear to be 2 additional bottom ends, The odd ball bottom end does have a hole in one side case. All the others seem fine just dirty. The only thing not pictured is a fairly nice seat for the 250 and its forks hiding behind the tote. The pipe for the 250 is very nice. The 250 engine is all there along with the 400 but just fully disassembled.

Also, the CR 400 engine has the flywheel welded to the crank, odd?

1973 400 CR Frame: MK09842, Engine: 2030 2608
    1975 250 CR GP Frame: ML 08992, Engine 2042 0919

Thanks for any input/info!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. dumpbear Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360wr burl rep/74works bike/76360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    goldwing
    It seems any more there worth what someone is willing to pay i know that kickstart lever is worth 180.00$ thats what one brought on scream bay about a month ago.
    Tom
  3. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    You will make out better parting them out on eBay. Unless you happen to sell something you end up needing to finish a project of your own. Do not ask how I know :)
  4. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I've bought and sold quite a bit of MK frame bike parts and a bit of the early mag stuff, i.e. 75 to 77. I agree with jimspac that you can get the most $$ by parting out but that takes time and effort. Selling it as a lot is the quickest unless you'll be shipping then postage will be high.

Parts with rust thats caused pitting is junk IMO. Surface rust can be removed and the part re-surfaced but its still not worth much due to refurbishing costs.

From the pics stuff worth more than $100 include the ML kick start lever (as mentioned), tank, exhaust, ML frame wheels.

Stuff worth $50 to $100 includes the MK air cleaner bell and ML air box, cylinders, possibly the oval cases if they're not busted up and don't have stripped threads, which goes without saying for most anything.

$1 to $50 includes everything else thats not damaged.

To me the MK frame is worthless due to the suspension mods. The ML frame looks nice, and by the way all size motors will work in that year frame.
  5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I agree about parting it out. Time-consuming, but if you want to maximize the money that's the way to do it. Also agree about the value of the MK frame being almost zilch due to the rear shock mod... I know, cuz my first MK had that when I didn't know the difference. Had to find another frame. The 75 250 is interesting... if you can put together even a disassembled complete bike it might be sellable as a lot. The round case frames are even earlier and don't go with either of these frames. Not worthless by any means, but not MK or ML.
  6. tbh37620 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 400 CR
    Thanks for all the info guys. I do agree that selling individually probably would be best money wise. Just to maximize time, what would be the hot items to put time into cleaning up and posting on ebay first? I know that solid gold kick lever is one hahaha. Some of those engine cases had no numbers on them, might have to post pictures on here I guess to help ID them.
  7. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    The round case guys are pretty intense. I’d work on those pieces. Good cases are good cases, all models. Look for corrosion, frame mounting hole damage. Wheels if restorable Akront. Ignitions if you can ensure spark. All the GP stuff is popular and phenomenal trail bikes even today. Individual bits are eBay hit-and-miss. They are notoriously posted with incorrect ID or fitment.

My method: Enough cleanup to let the part show itself. Photograph. Assign to a shipping box but don’t seal it yet. Weigh it to set postage for ad. List it. Ready the next part. Wait.

I pm’d you about the red tank. I need a race tank. Thx.
  8. tbh37620 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 400 CR
    Picklito, sent you an email regarding the tank. Please let me know if you're still interested. Thanks
  9. tbh37620 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 400 CR

Hey DumpBear, what make and model is that kickstart lever for? I can not find any matches currently on ebay. Thanks!
  10. dumpbear Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360wr burl rep/74works bike/76360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    goldwing
    If the spline is fine grooved it should fit all 76 to 80 or 81 bikes except auto's I think they switched to the course groove in 82.I know there are member's out there who know for sure.
    Tom
  11. tbh37620 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 400 CR
    Thank you sir!
  12. markt2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 250CR (times 2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several vintage Yamahas
    Spline will actually fit several years earlier... the problem is that style kicker won't fit a bike with the classic Husky "side pipe" and that rules out most of the 1976 model year. (Late in 1976 Husky switched to a "snake" pipe on a couple CR models).

That style kick lever technically first came on the 1978 models... should fit earlier years if the bike has a "snake" pipe... it's not a "perfect" fit even on a late 76... kick bumper needs a mod.

I've seen them shortened to fit early bikes with the side pipe... I think if modified to be shorter it fits back maybe as far as 1970?

I'm not up on the later models so I don't know when Husky went to the course spline... 82 sounds about right.