Help Needed Please: 2014 Tr650 Terra Won’t Start

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Jean Brutus, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Jean Brutus Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TR650 Terra
    I just purchased a 2014 Husqvarna TR659 Terra with 9250 miles that wouldn’t start. Previous owner who’s the second owner said he was driving on the highway when the bike died like it was running out of gas. Since then he couldn’t get the bike started. So from some background information, I learned that the bike had an EJK on it pn9110038. The second owner removed and gave it to a friend. When the bike died the EJK wasn’t one the bike. Now I have the bike home, I started looking around and saw a few wires that are cut (attached pictures) and also the O2 sensor wasn’t connected (as per the EJK manual I read).
    1) does anyone know what these wires are for? Where do they go?
    2) could the bike have died because the O2 wasn’t connected without the EJK?
    3) could the ECU Be dead?

What should I be looking for?

Attached Files:

2. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Four wires going to the O2/lambda sensor wiring harness connector, wire colors are black, yellow with a blue trace, red with white trace and brown with a white trace.
  3. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    What is the location of the 1st pic taken? If the wires are yellow/brown and red/white I think it is the purge solenoid. The blue/yellow and yellow wire might be the crankshaft position sensor. Coming out of the right side engine case, below the rectifier, is a blue and a white wire that go to a connector. The other half of the connector is where the blue/yellow and yellow wire are attached.
  4. Jean Brutus Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yes it’s yellow/brown white/red located right under the tank. What is the purge solenoid? Can the bike run without it?

As far as the wire below the rectifier (blue and a white wire that go to a connector. The other half of the connector is where the blue/yellow and yellow wire are attached) that is connected properly!

The second picture I figured out they the 3 wires that were cut went to the kick stand switch that doesn’t exist anymore. So they bypassed it by shorting the yellow/green and brown/green wire together but leaving the blue/brown not connected. Since the were all supposed to go to the kick stand switch, I decided to short them all together. See pictures.

Attached Files:

5. Jean Brutus Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I reconnected the O2 sensor. See pictures

Attached Files: