Help! My 1995 Husky Wxc 610 Starts And Idles Ok But No Power And Goes Bam Bam Bam

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by ThumpThump, May 27, 2019.

1. ThumpThump Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WXC-610 Plated, 1992 TE-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    3 BMWs, 3 Kawis, 1 Honda, 3 Harleys,
    UGH....My 1995 Husqvarna WXC610 is kicking my butt. Ran great for years but started having an occasional sputter. Finally the sputter became a permanent problem. It starts and idles fine, but once i give it throttle it starts to bog and go bam bam bam bam....which gets worse as i add throttle, and then it finally dies. Starts on choke when cold, dies on choke when warm. I have done everything i can think of including

Total carb disassemble and clean (3×)

Float height adjustment

Replaced main jet...went crom 70 to 68

Inspected needle (looked good so didnt replace) and dropped it by moving clip up 1 notch to top groove from 2nd groove

Replaced idle jet

Replaced starting jet o ring

Cleaned fuel filter

Readjusted idle screw...doesnt have much effect until almost off...normally at 2 turns out

Readjusted mixture screw...also not much effect..normally 2 turns out

Flipped rubber gasket in choke plunger and adjusted choke cable play

Adjusted all valves to spec

Replaced timing chain....found out the hard way that the husky manual shows the wrong cam sprocket alignment...3rd times a charm

Inspected cor intake boot leaks

Inspected generator magnets

New gas

Inspected spark plug and wiring....good spark but plug looks rich

Any gurus out there that can throw me some suggestions? Please please please
  2. ThumpThump Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sadly those 95 electronics were the worst ones husky used, are you sure the whole magnet set hasn't rotated in the flywheel ? The coils were also suspect along with poor grounding from the cdi to the frame.
  4. ThumpThump Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks. Didnt know that the 95s were a noted electronic dog, but i did do a double and triple check on the magnets. That definitely could have been the culprit but i did rule it out. I had a starting problem 5 or 6 years ago and it was a loose magnet cage, which i epoxied back into place. Luckily at that time it was marked up and easy to get it remounted to its original position. Thanks again for the suggestion. If theres anything else u can think of Im all ears.....
  5. ThumpThump Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Back then i also added a new ground for the ignition module, but i havent rechecked it, so thanks for that...i will take a look....i havent checked the coil at all though....i will check my manual to see if it offers a test with specific resistance readings....worst case scenario i also have a 92 husky 610 that i could try swapping parts with...
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The ignitions are different brands, the 92 has a SEM and the 95 has a Ducati ignition.
  7. ajcmbrown Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400WR 250WR 07 WR500 430AE 360AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 500CR Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    Personally, I would swap the entire ignition system out of your 92 if it's known to be good and see how it runs, cost is zero and not too difficult.
    It does sound like ignition to me.
    Tony.