1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc HElP me please!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by foxrider093, Jun 19, 2009.

1. foxrider093 Husqvarna
    B Class

yesterday i was riding in the trails i have a husky cr125 04 i thought i fowled a plug...today i went to the local dealer ship told the guy i fowled a plug he told me to use a ngk br9es instead of the ngk br9eg. I put the new plug in the bike sounds like it wants to starts but doesn't turn over. After i was done kicking for 30 minutes i noticed a lil bit of smoke coming from an air vent to my air filter. i am running 32:1 castor 927. Ughhhhh!!! what should i do??HELP ME!!
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The g plug is recomended but an s will work and they are cheaper. I like the iridium. I always run a br8eix. It is a little hotter and makes the bike start easier.

I don't think you problem is the plug though. Did you check to see if you are getting a spark? I would start there.

I am not sure what you mean by the vent for your air filter? Do you mean the power valve vent? A little smoke from there is nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't run 927 unless your rebuild often as it has a lot of build up.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    What's up? How come you are typing in such a desperate manner? :confused:
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Have you ever replaced the top end on your bike? It may not be as simple as a fouled plug if your rings, piston, or cylinder have gone too far beyond their lifespan. Did the bike suddenly lose power and belch smoke?

If you could provide more details about what was going on before the bike stopped, it will help.

FWIW, I run the same Iridium plug as NWRider (br8eix) on our '09 CR125. It's one step "hotter" and seems to handle slightly rich jetting better than the original. Although, even with the original plug, our bike never fouled a plug.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I found that if you are using castor oil based oil in your motor, that it won't run so clean and can cause your rings to stick in the grooves, reducing the ability for them to spread and seal as effectively as they should. Then your motor can run crummy and foul plugs. I ran Blendzall in my old KDX and found out that it stuck the rings and the power valves:thumbsdown:, so I switched back to a petroleum base oil with synthetic additives and finally I switched to a full synthetic, the best type of oil for running at high dilutions, clean burning with low residue and deposits, good ring seal and reduced wear on all the lower and upper end parts. If you have spark, you probably should take heed of the post above and inspect your top end. If it is worn out or parts are gummed up, that could be your problem.
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

Yeah , what she said.
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    This is the blood of your bike...:thumbsup:
    Never never skimp on oil. And change it lots.
    Enough on oil.

Do you have fuel...pull the line off your carb and make sure it flows freely.
    Do you have spark? If you're not afraid hold on the the plug while out and see if you can feel a little current.:D If not hold the plug (while out) and see if you can see a little blue or white spark at the electrode. (make sure you don't have fuel all over everything.) Is your plug wet or dry? Did you leave your fuel on over night?
    Do you have compression hmmm really need a compression tester for that. You better do a wet and dry compression test that will tell you a lot about your rings (Hope they are the same).
    If this is getting to much for you then you should thing about taking it to a dealer.:cheers:
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I think you blew a reed. Check your reeds and run 40:1 mix and any BR9EXXX you want. Think the iX plugs are the best, they don't hardly foul.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I know everyone is trying to help this guy and kudos.........but......"It won't fire up" and after "it quit running" could be sooooooo many things that aside from the obvious spark/no spark.......Seriously Fox, you should take the bike to a husky dealer and there are several great ones in NJ with Town and Country coming to the top of the list. If you want to bring it to upstate NY, I would be glad to assist free of charge and help but I can't make house calls that far. Have had 8 Husky 125's over the past years and they are very bone reliable but like anything with boobs or wheels, can give a man trouble.

PM me if you want some help.
    Joe

PS throw the 927 in the trash...........smells trick but as said burns lousy and very dirty