Help! ignition connector broken

Discussion in '610/630' started by Spice Weasel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    The wires have all corroded and broke away from the connector between the ignition switch and the main loom, from the back of the loom side of the connector.
    Im just going to solder and heat shrink them but I dont know which colour wires are supposed to match up.
    Could someone post the correct colour matches please, help me get back on the road.
    2008 610
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    No one wants to help me? My bike is broken :excuseme:
  3. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    Here is the wiring diagram number 8 is the ignition switch.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I looked at the diagram before asking for help. It shows the wire colours of the main loom, where my wires broke, but not the wire colours from the ignition barrel to the connector. The wire colours are different on the two sides of the connector. I dont know if any damage can be done seeing which ones are meant to be joined by trail and error.
  5. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Well, I am disappointed. I will just have to deal with it trial and error and hope nothing fries.
  6. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    Don't do trial and error, let me see if I can guide you in the right direction.

I can't see the diagram very well, if you have a link on the net where to find it I'll have another look.

From the little bars that lock the switch contacts together in the diagram (the rectangular block diagram under the big 8) the Y-Sb Yellow - ?) wire connects with the Br-W (brown-white) wire when the key is turned on.
    The Br (brown)connects with the Y-Bk (Yellow-black) when the key is turned on.
    You should find 2 switches in the ignition barrel if you test that with an Ohm meter and turn the key on an off, connect the wires as explained and it should be fine.
    Spice Weasel likes this.
  7. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Bikesparky, thankyou for your attempt to help me. It is too late though.
    I went out, stripped the wires, turned on the ignition and simply started pressing the ends together.
    I got it wrong once and had to re-solder a couple of wires but im assuming i got it right as the bike now starts and runs with electrics working as they should.
    No fuses blown, dont think anything got fried, probably lucky.
    If anyone else here doesnt want to have this kind of trouble or end up stranded, i recommend you inspect the plugs behind the headlight, possibly take pictures of them for reference and repair anything that looks weakened/damaged.Dont ignore it.