help fork oil hight on 2010 te250 with kyb forks

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by husky bom, Feb 19, 2011.

1. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

hi guys just after a bit of info on what oil hight works best on the kyb forks on the 2010 te250 with kyb forks have changed my fork oil and replaced it with 5w fork oil

manual said 140mm down from the top of the fork tube is this ok or is there a somthing better????????

any info would be great

thanks
    H.B
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I normally set that type fork at about 125mm down, but if it was working OK for you then try the 140mm. You'll have more bottoming resistance at 125mm and notice it's progressively firmer in the last 1/3 of the travel.
  3. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

was just looking at the kyb fork spec's in the big husky manual and thay say 100mm ....what whould this be like ......note this bike is not used on a mx track's....which would be a better range 140mm or 100mm???
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I don't think you'll to run that high on the 250. I think if you are just riding woods type stuff, then the 140 to 125 range will be fine. With the 100 I think you'll be disappointed in the overall action of the forks over the roots and rocks. But, everybody's different and you may really like it. The big bikes weigh about 50# more than the X-light 250's, and most of that is toward the front.

I've found most guys like about 125mm in the woods, unless they're running soft springs and are too tight to replace them. Then they'll try to compermise by running the oil level higher, but you'll trading off some plushness.
  5. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

yep i think i will go with 125mm and see i only ride woods and single track and yes i like it to be plush
  6. RomanNoven Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    djebel 200
    Hello! how you like it with 125?
    i have soft springs 4.0 and thinking how many oil to put. also how many in litres it will be more then one?