1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Help desperately needed TE449/SMR449

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Matt250, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Matt250 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki rgv250
    Hi all,
    Please could any of you guys help me out with this problem that I've got.
    The story is as follows, a few months ago I brought a low mileage te449 with the thought of converting it to a supermoto bike and eventually racing the bike. I brought the wheels and the brakes as an obvious necessity for the conversion, after abit of head scratching these were fitted to the bike. Moving onto the next stage I realised after riding the bike on the road for a few miles that the enduro based suspension is going to be way soft for supermoto. I decided to upgrade both the Shock and the forks to suit. I managed to get hold of a standard Shock that has been revalved for supermoto and has a preload adjuster so all should be right for my needs in regards to stiffness and adjustability. For the forks I've got a set of factory marzocchi dual chamber items that should do the job just fine. At this stage this is where I need your guys help and advise. The new forks are 50mm instead of 48mm so therefore the outer fork tubes are a different diameter,the top yoke diameter is 58mm compared to 54mm standard and the bottom yoke is 61mm compared to 59mm standard.

My plan was to machine the standard yokes out to suit the larger tubes. However I've been strongly advised against doing this as the wall thickness of the standard yokes is not substantial enough to guarantee strength.

My questions to you guys are as follows:

• do all marzocchi 50mm forks have the same sized outer tubes
    • are there any aftermarket yokes available to suit this conversion
    • the bike that the forks came from had factory rr clamps. Are these still available, or does anybody have a set for sale to suit the te449 with these forks
    • are there any other models that triple clamps that would work
    • is there anyway of identifying factory forks from customer ones. The forks have been stripped and all the internals are dlc coated. Is this normal?

Sorry about the long message but any kind of input would be greatly appreciated

Cheers matt
  2. Buzybraza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 525 EXC & 2008 KTM 950 SE
    I cannot help you directly. I would recommend contacting Zip Ty Racing. In my view they are THE authority concerning bikes like yours.