1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Help, 2013 TXC 310 Shifter Lever (too long)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by spidartanks, Apr 27, 2017.

1. spidartanks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310R
    I just picked up this bike it's a brand new 2013 - so far I enjoy the bike. I need to tune the suspension a little bit so far so good.

My problem though :

the gear shifter is really far away from the foot peg, 17.5 cm from the centre of the foot peg.i can not shift standing up, I've never had a problem on other bikes. I measured my friends ktm it is 15.5cm distance .

has anyone else notice this ?

im looking for a shooter aftermarket one, what one will fit ? Are there other bikes that have the same size spline that will work ?

I tried a crf 450 shifter and the bend seemed like it would work but the spline on the husky is too small.

I need to fix this asap. Anyone have any suggestions please

Thanks
  2. spidartanks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310R
    Bump: Surely someone has thought the same thing about this?

Any ideas ?
  3. spidartanks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310R
  4. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I've only had the opposite. But then, I have big feet.

I actually added a Hammerhead CRF450 tip with +20mm to make it more usable for me.

I'd have to measure mine to see what it was originally.

Just measured it, and it's the same as yours. What's your shoe size?
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    if the shifter is really too long- send it to me and I'll send you the stock one, which is universally acknowledged to be slightly on the short side.

Seriously- I'd love to have it (size 14 shoe/49euro here). OTOH, you can get a good chinese shifter on ebay for ~$20USD so you have that option.

Is it possible that someone has modified your pegs? Lowering them and moving them back by 10mm is not unheard of. Additional width should be added to the back side of the peg.

btw, measure from leading edge of your pegs; where your foot pivots.

pictures?
  6. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    ^I had switched mine back to the stock shifter, and it measured the same as spidertanks posted, so yours is probably likewise.

*edit* I just realized... I had the modified shifter on my 2009. It wasn't as bad on the 2013. Still a bit short, but didn't seem as bad.
  7. spidartanks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310R
    Yes I am 100% sure this is the stock shifter lever, my dad and I both purchased brand new 2013 that were left in a warehouse and put up for auction.
    I have the picture of it measuring the 17.5cm and it is far too long and it's not comfortable to shift . All other bikes I have measured are 15.5cm
    I am a size 10 boot

I can use it but it is not comfortable to shift especially when standing

Really would love a shorter shifter. I have no problem ordering one online but I don't know what other bikes will have shifters that will fit .

Like I said the crf450 has a larger spline so it did not work/

I was hopeing this would of been a common request

Any suggestions as to what bike shifter will fit I can not find any husky ones on eBay ?

Thanks guys
  8. spidartanks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310R
    I can email pictures of what I have but I do not know how to post them on here

Thanks guys
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    hey, I just looked on ebay... and I could not find any of the beautiful Taiwanese gear shifters that I picked up for $20.49 delivered about 2 years ago. I saw 6-8 stock husky ones (new & used) but the prices were seemingly high.

I think the '04-'13 4-stroke shifters are the same btw. Also, sometimes you have to use weird search terms (i.e., husqvarna te shifter, shift lever, gear change lever, etc).

you might have two other options: cut 6-8mm out of your stock one and re-weld; or buy a Hammerhead -5 or -10 shifter tip and modifiy it to fit.

good luck.

ps- if your footpeg springs are above the pegs, your pegs have been lowered and moved back. Stock pegs will move your pegs forward about 8mm.

...or just weld a small section onto the leading edge of your peg(s); but I wouldn't recommend this.