1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

HELP!!! 2012 TE310 Will Not Start

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mugz, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Mugz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Hey guys,

I have a 2012 Husqvarna TE310 that had been sitting for about 1 year. I know I've neglected it for too long but have been super busy with both school and work. Anyways, the bike has been sitting in my apartment the entire time on a battery tender. I'm moving from CA to NYC and thought I'd get it checked out so I could sell it. Since the bike is 4 years old, I ordered a few parts from Halls to get it in tip top shape again. New battery, oil filter, and oil. I thought it would be a simple job and would start right up but I was wrong. The shop I took it to (not a Husky dealer) were unable to get it started. Since the bike is not running I'm going to have to ship it to NYC since I'm leaving in a few days. (Probably not a bad thing) So I'm in need of some help, and I'm hoping that I can find it here. What I know is that the fuel pump is working, the shop replaced the spark plug but said that the spark was weak. I'm pretty sure the tank was empty when I stored it but I'm not entirely sure. The bike only has 202 miles so I know it can't be something major. It's practically brand new. Can anyone recommend things to look for that is causing the bike not to start. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
  2. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    If it was running when you parked I would say its bad gas. Empty the tank anf put some fresh gas in it.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    (fuel pump working: does that mean it's pumping gas confirmed or is it just making noise?)

My vote would be a clogged injector... but I would only give that a 20% chance. take the air filter out (or air boot off) and spray starting fluid in there. If it's starts for a quick moment- that would be a big clue. [and if so clean the injector with carb cleaner]

good luck.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  4. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Trenchcoat85 is usually right or on the right trail when it comes to diagnosing problems. I think were all assuming it turns over and by the fuel pump working you mean it turns on. Since your not sure the tank was empty my guess is it was low which expedites the varnishing time. If you took the time to run it dry you'd remember it. Heres the cheap easy stuff to rule out. Put at least a half gallon of premium in the tank. Turn off the petcock valves. Pull off the hoses under the right and left petcock valve. Turn on each valve to verify fuel is coming out. Hopefully it will then shut them. If not looked for a clogged screen in the tank. If fuel came out move on to the injector. It has very tiny holes. Here are some common ones for Husky FI bikes.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    As you can see they are small and can plug easily. My bet is this is the culprit.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.