HELP!! 08 610 Won't Start/Fuel Pump won't Prime

Discussion in '610/630' started by MrBob, Apr 12, 2014.

1. MrBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    OK so I was doing some work on the taillights today and while I had it running to ch eck everything a connection touched ground and the bike shut off. I got it to kick over again so I thought it was good. But trying to start it a few more times the fuel pump wouldn't prime. Now I have a blinking neutral light when the ignition is on and I can't get the pump to prime again.

My questions are does anyone have a schematic to the 08's that show the FI part of the diagram? And the second obvious question is does anyone know what the heck happened? Please help!! I'm really bummed!
  2. MrBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    BTW, I can hear "what I assume" is the fuel pump relay click on when I turn the key on. I just don't hear the pump cycle....
  3. MrBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Just pulled the fuel pump and hot wired it and it primes....so now I'm worried.
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Which "connection" touched ground? Sounds like you popped a fuse (or possibly damaged something by shorting it out). Look at the wiring diagram and/or trace the wire that you shorted to ground and see what circuit it is a part of.
  5. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    If you touched ground then youve blown a fuse, should have been the first thing you checked.
  6. MrBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Pretty sure I found it. The power relay (middle of the three on the left side) seems to be bad. I swapped it with one of the others and it fired right up.

On a side note to anyone with this problem, the three relays are all the same so you can swap one if you suspect there is a problem with another.