Headlight Issue

Discussion in '610/630' started by grunt628, Apr 27, 2018.

1. grunt628 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqie SM610 '07
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF250R
    Headlight is supposed to turn on when I twist the key but it doesn't. What it does is it blinks when I use the turn signals. I'm hoping it's just a blown fuse but what other recommendations do you guys have for me?
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Sounds like an earth fault, i have struggled with this kind of issue on my trailer. Sometimes an earth has broke away, sometimes its a chafed live wire shorting. Have a look around to see if you can spot anything, check connectors for corrosion, and generally prod, poke and wiggle the loom where you can to see if anything flickers or comes back to life, then you might get a clue of the general area of any fault.
    Like you have posted, start simple, check fuses, then if the bulbs are seated properly or blown, then the checks i have suggested.
    Good luck :thumbsup: hope its easy found and simple to fix.
    grunt628 likes this.
  3. grunt628 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqie SM610 '07
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF250R

Just following up on this, there's some missing insulation on one of the wires leading into the plastic hub thingy just behind the bulb. It's actually burned the plastic a tiny bit. Put some electrical tape on there and contact cleaner and it works great again.

Thanks for the reply.
    Spice Weasel likes this.