1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Head removal

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bneide, Oct 25, 2008.

1. bneide Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi, new to this forum but some of the user names sure look familar. I have a 2007 TE250 and need to replace my intake valves. I've never removed the head on this bike or any four stroke. I did download the service manual so that helps but I was wondering if there was anything to look out for. I plan to remove the head and take it someone to replace the valves. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bruce
  2. Mercury264 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can't help you on removing the head but very curious as to why the valves need replacing
  3. naga Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250. TXC450
    On the 250 its not too big a deal, since you don't have to pull the motor out of the frame to get everything apart. Another user posted THIS over on Thumpertalk. You can get the parts manual from Hall's (buy something from them - good people). The workshop manual (for 2004, but very little changed as far as top end tear-down is at HERE.

Take your time, take pictures, go slow, use a Sharpy to mark parts. I like having a bunch of 1 gallon zip lock bags so I can put parts and related fasteners all together. You want a decent torque wrench to put it all back together - and hey! - now's a great time to add a310 kit!

It is actually pretty easy, have fun.