1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Have you got a Roundtuit ... ?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by grouty, Mar 18, 2017.

1. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    You know those little jobs that really don't stop you from riding, but need doing !
    It's usually the case of finding the time to get around to doing it (Roundtuit).

I took the '78 390WR out to a motocross track about 10 years or so ago. Managed to get a stone through the headlight lens. It never stopped it working, but the cracked lens didn't look good. Every time I washed the bike I kept thinking "I must get a roundtuit"

I did this week .....
    [IMG]

I bought a Auteroche tractor headlamp some while ago. The lens was bonded to the reflector, so a gentle ease with a sharp blade freed it off. A good clean to remove any traces of glue, and a degrease with brake cleaner left me with the old tractor light ready for the bin.
    [IMG]

I bonded the new lens into the old reflector with a tiny amount of "Stixall" glue. The tractor reflector has the wrong tabs on the back for my bulb holder. So is no good.

[IMG]

New lens fitted back on the old 6 speed, ready for the next stone !
    It's only taken me 10 years to fix it !
    [IMG]
    Trenchcoat85 and Skoalman like this.
  2. Skoalman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 & 83 HUS 430WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maico, Penton, KTM, DKW, Rokon, BUL
    Good story -- with a good ending -- and pics even.:thumbsup:

I have a disassembled 73 DJW 125, a totally rebuilt and repainted sachs motor that still sitting in the shipping crate that I got back from the builder 3 months ago, all the parts I need to put old and new parts I need to put it together -- AND, I just can't do it. Every time I walk by it in the garage, I just look at it and tell myself I'll deal with that this Summer. Usually always kind of excited to get them back together, but I'm busier than ever now with work, and maybe that's why I'm just not feeling motivated to work to reassemble it. We'll See. :excuseme:

Anyway, congrat's on getting that head lamp lens fixed! Better late than never. Hahaha! :cheers::applause:
  3. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    Not too sure about your choice of newspaper though.:D
  4. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes, the man who was looking the sexy girl with astronomical telescope is now in jail !
    justintendo likes this.
  5. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    Ahh, the newspapers ! Our local village shop gives them away free every time you go in there. They used to ask if I wanted one. I always explained that I didn't need one as we have soft toilet paper now :) Every now and again I will gather a bunch of them to use as oil soakers.
    The SUN newspaper is absolutely no good for reading !
  6. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    its the Benny Hill paper isn't it? topless girls popping up on every second page??
    ps you could have just bought a roundtuit and left the headlight....:lol:
  7. SteveJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1970 400 Cross, 1983 500 CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    84 Honda CR500R, 81 Honda CBX,
    Here's one for next time. :D

Roundtuit.jpg
    ajcmbrown likes this.