Has anyone had a coolant leak here?.....

Discussion in '610/630' started by EricV, Nov 25, 2013.

1. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hi Gang. Yesterday morning I noticed coolant dripping from the area of the lower right radiator hose. It's actually the little hose that runs vertically up from that one, towards the thermostat/Y fitting.

Now, the pic is kind of bad, but you'll see the hose I am talking about and in between those 2 crimp clamps there's a join, and it looks like there's a small section of pipe in there. This is all stock stuff- I've not had to replace any of these hoses. The leak appears to be coming from that joint and it's my hope that I can simply replace the crimp clamps with better clamps and be done with it. Please let me know your experiences/thoughts. Thanks!

[IMG]
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Ugh- sorry guys...can't believe I typo'ed the title line (should read "leak" not "link.") Clicking "Edit" doesn't allow me to change the title of the thread, only content.

Mods- can someone change that in the header so that it'll help w/ future searches?

Thanks.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good chance replacing the crimp clamps with real clamps will resolve your issue.

As for the thread title hit the "house keeping" at the bottom of your first post and ask that they fix the title spelling. I am always in a hurry and speed typing so I have to use this from time to time and they seem quick about fixing it.
    Blazes likes this.
  4. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

Huge thanks on both accounts. I'll try the clamps and also good to know what the "housekeeping" button does (I did use it.)
  5. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    I also had a coolant leak last week, and just like yours the leak came from the hose connection, but on mine it's on the left handside. I tightened the worm clamp and it seems to fix it, there's no more leak.
    EricV likes this.
  6. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    You had better cross your fingers and hope it's a hose / clamp. Because that's a heck of a lot cheaper than a radiator, which seems to fail before the hoses with the cheap Alexon's on our bike.
    Blazes likes this.
  7. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Indeed. I had to replace one of the radiators last season so yeah, I've felt that annoyance and fully expect it again. This time, though (and hope I'm not jinxing anything), I looked very carefully at that radiator and all was dry- only the joint I referred to was wet.
  8. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Mine leaked at the thermostat housing - all regular clamps there so just tightened them up. But it's annoying and a little scary when you're hundreds of miles from civilization. :D

Definitely remove the crimped clamps and install regular hose clamps. Get the good euro ones though, not some chinese knock off from autozone. While you have it apart you'll be able to inspect the t-coupler.
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Left hand side. Clamps, so tightened. Ok now