1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Handlebar rec for taller guys on TEs

Discussion in '2st' started by BSBen, May 26, 2018.

1. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9
    I'm looking for new handlebars to replace the stock Nekens on my '15 TE300. I actually like the bars, but now that I've cut them down to accommodate our tight, woodsy trails around here, the clutch line interferes with my BRP handguard mounts. I need to move the clutch lever farther towards the middle, but I'm out of room as you can see. Anyone have good experiences with bars that are taller and/or with less sweep?

Attached Files:

2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    Get a clutch line made with a 20 degree bend on the end
  3. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9

That was my first inclination, actually. But the way the line is butted up against the bar mount, that's really not going to buy me that much room. The fat part of the clutch master just sticks out too far. Besides, I'd like to raise the bars a little and I'd rather not use risers. Thanks for the thought!
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Not sure if they will solve the clutch line issue, but I put mini-hi bend bars on the 165 and like them. No need to cut them down, @ 4" rise and not much sweep on the Mika version. Just about every bar maker has the bend. Next set I'm looking for less center length, brake line nut contacts the bars when I rotate the lever down for standing.
    :cheers:
    John Bunker likes this.
  5. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9

Well, this might actually work after all! I was out riding yesterday and a friend pointed out that the handlebar mounts could be moved forward on the triple clamps. This doesn't change the relative position of the handlebar and mount, but moving them forward a bit allows me to rotate the bars back a bit which gave me just the clearance I needed. Woot!

Now, a slightly bent end might be just the ticket since the end of the line gets bent downward by the handguard mounts. Is there anything off-the-shelf I could use or do I have to have something custom made?

IMG_4921.JPG
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Protaper makes a KTM high bend nearly identical to the neken. My 2015 300 xc-w actually came with protapers stock.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    whatever you choose don't forget to maintain the Peg/seat/ handlebar triangle standard form.
    1" higher bars = 1" higher seat. the ape hanger handlebar setting that I see many dirt guys end up with, screws up the chassis balance..... and yes use the maximum adjustability of the bar setting
  8. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9
    Well, I think I have it solved. I'm SUPER happy with where the bars and clutch lever are now. (I feel foolish saying this after so many years of riding, but I really didn't expect to be that sensitive to where the controls are.) It's made a huge difference. I ordered a Galfer clutch line with 90 degree bends on both ends, and it moves the hose completely out of the way of the handguard mounts:

https://slavensracing.com/shop/clutch-linehose-kit-ktm-husaberg-gas-gas/

I'm having a hell of a time bleeding it, but that's another story.

Attached Files:

Big Timmy likes this.
  9. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Bleed it with a short length of clear plastic hose on the end of a common BBQ/meat injection/Veterinarian clear plastic syringe. Should be able to get one about 1 inch in diameter at any Tractor supply, feed store, saddle shop, Walmart's kitchen/cooking section, etc.

First remove the fluid reservoir cap on the master cylinder and level the perch as necessary of course on the bars. Then just fill the syringe with fluid directly from the bottle, hold it up right and vertical to push out any air bubbles then carefully connect it to the bleed nipple as you loosen the bleeder and pressure bleed it with fluid from the slave cylinder back up to the lever. This takes about 5 minutes. It could take hours doing it by hand from the lever down if you have had the hose off.
    BSBen likes this.
  10. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9
    Yeah - I found a video on this method this AM and tried it. Made a bit of a mess, but it was SO fast. I'll never go back to the old method for sure. Cheers!
    Big Timmy likes this.
  11. woodsrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    '18 Alta MXR
    I recently used this old school style oiler to bleed the clutch on my Beta 525, it was a lot easier to handle then a syringe. I put a length clear hose on the end of it to attach to the bleed nipple. With the can, I am able to hold the hose firm on the bleed nipple with one hand, and pump the oil can with the other. Works like a charm and not too messy.

[IMG]
    NCSteve likes this.