Handguards - TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by SimpleOne, Nov 17, 2014.

1. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Hi All,

On the hunt for new hand guards for the 630, just curious what people are running?

Currently I have BarkBuster Ego's, but I'm finding the lack of room between the guards and the bars is annoying, so I'm looking for something with a bit more space. I'm also thinking of getting a Highway Dirt Bikes top clamp to clean up my nasty array of switches, so ideally I would like the guards to be compatible with that.

So the options I have dug up are:
    Cycra Racing ProBends with Centre Reach Mounts (maybe 'Solution Mount System')
    ProMoto Billet Fastway Handguards (probably Version 1, but maybe Version 3 if I decide to use these with a HDB Top Clamp)
    Highway Dirt Bike Ultimate Handguards (this seems like the best choice if I do want to go with their top clamp)

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has used more than of the systems in the list above, but also any other suggestions people might have.

Thanks
  2. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    Big fan of Highway Dirt Bikes set up. I've got it on my Husky and both of my Husabergs. I had the ADV top clamp on my Husky and had to swap it out for a different one when I installed my Scott's steering stabilizer (the new Scott's sub mount was drilled for a Husaberg/KTM pattern). If you go with the HDB set up, you have to purchase their bottom clamps too. You can buy the bottom clamps in different heights in order raise the bars for better ergo's. If you're interested, I'd sell you my top clamp and bottom clamps and you'd only need to buy the HDB guards w/o top clamp. My parts are natural aluminum rather than the black anodized. I can shoot you a pic with more details if you're interested. I never got around to installing any switches or powerlet sockets in the ADV top clamp before I swapped it out.
  3. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I am a big fan of the Cycra Probends. Plenty of room for the levers, and less chance of breaking your wrists by getting stuck between the handlebar and hand guard.

I just bought a bike with HDB. Also quality stuff. They too bend in a way that would reduce the chance of getting stuck.
    Not a big fan of the mirror, unless the only use for it is when a ranger checks if your bike is street legal. Too small to really see anything, and as soon as you speed up, the wind folds the mirror. Since one of my glove kept getting stuck between the mirror and the lever and this is a dual sport bike ridden in town (meaning I want to see who is trying to hit me from behind :-) I went with a more traditional mirror
    http://slavensracing.com/shop/rear-view-mirrors-by-doubletake
  4. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    I like the HDB mirrors. I like that they fold out of the way when not needed. I can see out of mine pretty well and they stay put where I bend them. Never had the wind fold mine back. You may need to tighten up the screws or something.

Doubletake mirrors are a quality product. Can't go wrong either way.
  5. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    Just FYI, HDB now has a Nexgen version that does not require changing the top clamps. HDB top clamps do not fit stock Husky bottom clamps so you have to buy matching HDB bottom clamps if you want to go with their original "Ultimate" handguards. I have both sets, I prefer the original but it's a lot more costly due to having to buy top and bottom clamps. Mirrors are the bomb, maybe not so lane splitter friendly but I like their location and I can see well behind me.

Here's a pic of the "Nexgen" mount on the bar.

[IMG]
  6. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the ultimate guards as I would like to sort out my nasty mess of switches that I have glued and bolted to various spots. In that respect the top clamp will be helpful. Between these handguards and cush wheel from Woody's I'm not gonna be able to afford any fuel to ride the thing! :D
  7. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    HDB! Like 'em.
  8. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    +1 HDB Ultimate. One thing to note is that you will have to relocate the dash. Also if you get the version with the risers, you may find the clutch/throttle cables too short (I did).
  9. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80