Great friends

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This dirt bike riding thing really has produced some great friends. I'm sure all of you met some great people as well in this cool sport of ours. it is one of the things that make it so special for me. You know your good ride buddies got your back when your way out there doing epic rides and such. Finding cool private areas to ride, people with private tracks, epic group rides, helping each other learn and conquer harder and harder obstacles. Sharing knowledge, helping friends fix stuff, camping and multiple ride days. It's so cool. I feel very lucky to be part of this family. People like Mike Kay, someone i do not know, inviting us all to come ride baja (which unfortunately i once again can't make :banghead:), People like buddy Jake who opens his house to crazies like Danish bro Sonny (super fun to ride with) to crash at his house and loan him bikes, people like Jeff Tasky who lets you demo a 10,000 husaberg, people like buddy Mike who loans you a TE510 to to a two day ISDE qualifier on when you find out last minute your valves are toast. Seems the list of wonderful people are endless in this sport. Wish the greenies understood how good this goofy group of people are.

I feel very fortunate.

My buddy Scott (skidplate) on this forum called me the other day... "Hey, were heading to eastern Oregon for 5 days of snowmobiling and have a cabin and brand new 800cc high performance sled for you, all you have to do is jump in the rig" WTF Amazing :notworthy:

Or how about buddy Shane, i barely know who lends a few of us his 50K Sequoya and enclosed trailer when he is not even going!!! WOW.

Then there is the fantastic customer base I have, 99% great people and enthusiastic / cool.

I love this sport.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    +1 !! you meet the nicest people on a Husky. Very true, some of the people you can count on the most are riding buddies.
  3. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

So true. It's human nature to have a "connection" with others but it's really cool that we use something as thrilling at bikes to assist in that connection. People flock to coffee houses (no, not like Cafe Husky) to connect but I doubt you'll ever get the guy drinking decaf no foam soy extra hot chai tea latte's covering your back.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    And that is the primary reason this site was started - Many really nice, knowledgeable, and giving owners are enthusiasts that care what happens to others.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    It is a great website and the people here like to share their thoughts and experiences with one another. I joined a local website and have made lots of new riding buddies to share the roads and trails with as well. Some of them are on this website, too.:thumbsup:
  6. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    You're absolutely right. There's a mutual respect amongst m/c
    riders that you just don't see in other walks of life. I mean how often
    do you see bicyclists waving at each other when they pass on the street? Speaking of "the wave", I'll never forget a few years ago I was riding my previous bike (a KLX 650 dualsport) on Interstate 80,
    which is a major freeway that runs through town, with my girl on the back and we passed a motorcycle cop going the opposite direction and he did the little wave gesture to me and naturaly I waved back. I thought that was pretty cool that even "the man" is
    showing a little respect to fellow motorcycle riders. Jerry
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The only other group of people that I have seen besides motorcyclists, who will wave at each other are people who drive "dirt" Jeeps (like a CJ or a Wrangler.) How do I know? As soon as I bought my Wrangler several years ago, other Jeepers started to wave at me on the street and trail.:D Go figure.
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I echo your sentiments, Kelly. Years ago I was home goofing around on the internet while nursing a broken ankle. I stumbled onto a usenet group dedicated to dirtbikes and and my life has not been the same since. Eric called them my "imaginary friends" because I hadn't actually met any of them. A few months later we loaded up the van and drove to Idaho and met about 40 of them. I now count a few of those folks as some of my closest and best friends. We've ridden all over the west with them in the ensuing years, and I've ridden with folks from Austria, Brazil and all over the place. Folks are loaning out bikes, offering places to stay, agreeing to picking up shipped bikes at the airport, put them together, bring them to the riding area, and then repeat the process when the ride is over. Incredible stuff. One year we pooled our resources, cash and frequent flyer miles and brought a member to the US from Brazil. He flew into LA, drove to Idaho, then drove to North Carolina and flew back to Brazil out of Miami. He ended up seeing more of the US than I ever have! He'd have never been able to get out of the country on his own, much less pay for everything. It was a very rewarding experience.

The motorcycle world is chock full of good folks, that's for sure:thumbsup: I'm proud to be a part of the motorcycling community:)

WoodsChick
  9. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Kelly,
    Can I borrow your 610 for a week ...please....:D

It does say a lot for the people on this forum.
    It would be nice if all humanity was the same...:thumbsup:

When I Dragged race prostock bikes in the early 90's. It was a very close group of riders.
    Although competing with each other, sometimes for a large purse.
    You wouldn't think twice on helping a fellow rider. Just to race against him a few minutes later.:cheers:
  10. lineman12345678 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kelly what about the guy who lets you come over to his house and pet his dog when ever you want. Isn't he special also. :excuseme:
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Love your dog it's your ridiculously stinky farts on the way to the rides that diminishes our relationship :lol:

Give him a big hug for me would ya.

[IMG]
  12. lineman12345678 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I gave him a big hug for you but he looked at me very unsatisfied. I guess I just don't do it for him like you.
  13. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Went riding the other day with some of the guys I ride with and got to thinking about how long we've all known eachother. Of the 3 other guys, I've known 1 32 years and the other 2 for 25 years. I guess long term riding friendships might have something to do with getting older too. :thumbsup:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Do you ever ride with my bro Jason anymore?
  15. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Racin Jason? Haven't ridden lately but we got some plans to ride. After summer hit, he was racing in IL quite a bit, then in the fall, I had my hands full helping coach kids sports. I will say he picked up quite a bit of speed after he joined the Husky crowd. Aren't you due for a visit?
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    To about 20 places around the world, none of which i can afford right now. :doh:
  17. skid plate Husqvarna

well Kelly the place i am going to take you to this
    weekend will make you think your in the Swiss alps
    can you say REECOLAA!! it looks just like what you
    would imagine it to be and ya lots of snow and cold.
    but tons of fun and a warm cabin.
    see ya
    S.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    really looking forward to it. :thumbsup: