1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Greasing sealed bearings and seal?

Discussion in '2st' started by HS507, Mar 5, 2017.

1. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    I have a question guys. Do you guys pack grease inside the seal before installing on top of bearing on rear hub? Just thinking that the axle rides on bearing and its the only thing that turns right? Usually i grease al little on top of bearing, pack seal and gease axle before instal with marine water proof. What do u guys do? Also how do you know when spacers get wore? Grooves worn into it? THank yo
  2. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    I've been using bel-ray grease for years and all of my bearings still look brand new. I usually flush the old grease out of the wheel bearings really good, and then regrease. Still running the original wheel bearings.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    Yea fill it up .
    Also raises the question of seal facing in or out .
    JonXX likes this.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Sealed on both sides anyway?! I pick & pack my wheel bearings-seem to last longer!

When you put wheel bearings into the hub do you blokes use smear of grease, wd40 or clean? I'm talking about the outer face of bearing/inner of hub that the bearing sits in. Been that long since I've done any I forget what I did. I remember freezing the bearing & heating hub with hairdryer flat out for 10mins! :)
    JonXX and robertaccio like this.
  5. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    packing grease as describe it not required, bearing are sealed
    wheel bearings do not require huge amounts of grease and wheel bearing grease is the correct stuff to use.
    wheel bearing life has allot to do with how much water and deep mud you ride in, seals suffer first and dirt passes though and bearing are next, extra grease wont help as dirt laden grease is a great bearing killer also
    HS507 likes this.
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Repacking and adding extra grease to sealed bearings is not needed. They are designed with a certain amount of free space inside (air). A completely filled bearing will run hotter than one that hasn't been molested. Also, can damage the seal and maybe introduce contamination when packing... unless you do it in a surgically clean room.

I do pack waterproof grease on the outside of the bearing / behind the dust seal but I don't open up sealed bearings.
  7. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes i clean bearing behind its factory seal if it looks mud ladden. Orher wise i just pull outer seal and clean and add marine grease at 30hr mark. The spacers get wear rings (etching) and mud passes through and enters hub area, i replace spacers when they get wear rings. Mic new ones and you can guage wear.
  8. Helidave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 HD Street Glide 2012 R6
    I also am from the add more grease to wheel bearing camp. I have removed some dust covers and found some to have just enough grease for assembly nothing more. I now usually get about 1500 miles from wheel bearings. Nothing but New England deep mud and water.
  9. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow
    wow 1500?? Thats amazing. You clean your wheel hub bearings every ride/race?
  10. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 1190, 2009 300xc FOR SALE
    Another here that only applies grease under the lip of the outer seal, and I dont mess with the sealed bearing seals. The key I've found is keeping it clean after muddy wet rides, and ALSO I have been using the higher quality spacers the last few years. ALL BALLS RACING makes an excellant set, that are aluminum, with a hardened steel collar were the seal contacts, AND have a rubber O-Ring on the ID side touching/sealing to the axle. Have checked after many deep sandy water crossings, and its always dirt and water free inside the hub. Been getting them from Slavens Racing in Colorado.
  11. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Excellent, i will try thos spacers. Yes the spacer is very important to last and be of hardened quality. I heard their fork seals arent good and a few other products, but i will give the spacer a shot. Yes i dont clean hubs enough
  12. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I always add additional grease to my sealed wheel bearings, the "grease" they come with is pretty much only good for preventing corosion/rust during storage while they wait to me sold. I also load the space between the bearings and seals with grease. More grease = less ability for water intrusion.
    shawbagga and 87husky500xc like this.