1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Gotta love Aussie engineuity - fuel injected 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Down Under XC, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi Guys,

Well I probably will have to go back to school to spell but take a look at this site.

http://twostrokeperformance.com.au/ and the home pages has some video's on the left hand side. They have just developed fuel injection for a 125 YZ.

Just thinking how good it would be on a WR125, or a WR144 or a WR165.

Is it that motorcycle companies don't have the expertise ??? I know KTM are about to release their's but how long does it take.

I must admit I am thinking about issues with air filter assembly and tract to throttle body, sensors, pump, electrics, battery and fuel filtration.

Probably others have done but these guys are based in the country out the back of Melbourne.

I also will admit that the little huskies can be started and left idling once the jetting is sorted thanks to lankydoug and others well earned work on the TMX carb.

That's it for me, see you on the other side.

Caged
  2. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    The biggest factor as to why it is taking the OEMs so long to get EFI on a two stroke is $$$$$$$$$$$. The development for each model would be quite expensive and the sales might not be there to justify the expense.
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    the snowmobile world did it quite a while back, the altitude changes were the argument
    if you rode at one altitude there would be little argument for it, except in the EU they tightened the standards so it will be a mandatory update
    biggest issue is not just the initial cost, but maintenance costs will go up if any issues arise, talk about reliability and water as the enemy
  4. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300, 1996 WR360,2013 WR125
    Look as much as I love to be patriotic & the like, the guys at Lectron and technology Elevated (SmartCarb) make EFI on a Two stroke rather a moot point!
    Both these carbs are :
    a.) Lighter! (significantly!)
    b.) Simpler! (significantly!)
    c.) Reliable! (this is important! I have been stuck out in the boonsticks with a dead bike! It is NOT fun! & motocross boots are not meant for hiking!)
    d.) Have little ongoing maintanance costs! (this is important! More time spent riding less $$$ spent fixing issues)
    e.) Are easy to install & set up at home!
    f.) Do not require dyno time! (it's expensive)
    g.) Adapt to altitude changes beautifully! (and automatically I might add!)

I would also go as far to say that fuel efficiency is pretty much on par as well from my own personal experience!
    I do actually get the EFI mentality from a manufacturers point of view when you have to make engines conform to stricter & stricter emissions laws but as an aftermarket option I really do think there are better mods to spend ones money on!

Unless it's on a new bike & is OEM (& even then :confused: ) I do tend to think it has the potential to be a waste of $$$ & a lot of added complexity for very little real world gains.

Just my 2 cents
    Palito and 2premo like this.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    On a 2t anyway^
    SmokeyExpress likes this.