1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Good find, 82-430XC-another one

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Husq.fleet, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Friends older brother called me yesterday and asked "dont you like those old husky's"? I love those calls! He asked if I was interested in buying his 82-430XC, original owner bike at that. I of course said yes... Went and looked at it and its a little "original" He seized it in the early 90's. Too bad it has MS desert tank on it, wish it had original.o-well. The bad, of course need a piston, shocks dead, forks dead, tires etc etc from sitting since 91, at least it was inside and nothing rusts around here. The good, Jug has nice port job, Mossbarger reed, Asch pipe. I got all the original paperwork on the bike from the sales recpt, warranty card and every recpt. ever on the bike. For those nostalgic folks here is the best part. Bike sold new here in Pendleton Oregon at J-J Cycle. That was my best friends dads shop. I was 16 in 82 and to "work off" my parts/repair bills on my Husky, I uncrated,helped assemble new bikes and numerous other shop tasks. I uncrated that bike new and checked it over before the new owner loaded it, 28 years ago. I'll get some pics posted soon as I make some room for it in the garage. Have to slip one out for the "domestic peace" before sliding this one in. :thumbsup:
  2. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

i have an interest in getting an 1982 cr.you selling any?dan
  3. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

I am thinking of buying the same year model of Husky. Is this bike fun to ride in the woods. I just want a vintage Husky to play with. I also am looking at a 1978 cr390. I think they are both pretty bikes Im just not savy on what is desirable in the older bikes.
  4. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you would enjoy the XC-WR model over a CR model for woods riding. CR is tall geared, internal rotor ignition- light flywheel. 390CR is a awesome bike for which it was intended for, I had a 80 OR390 and loved it. It was a good woods bike but it had a wide ratio trans, low first gear. Have fun Scott
  5. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Haven't picked the bike up yet but he called and said he found more "stuff" for it. He found the factory tool kit, HP or MS alum bike ramp. Two flywheel pullers and a "Richter" silencer. :thumbsup: