Gold Valve on my 16 wr 450 ?

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Kam1, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    I am getting the suspension done on my 16 WR450 , the tuner rec rear shock gold valve , I approved this mod, and am thinking of doing the front gold also. The reason suspension is getting done is I am a big, fat man, stock actually performed pretty well last season, but springs for 280lb, 6'3" no talent rider is going to require valving change, I think, any thoughts appreciated. I ride rocks, roots, nasty 90 percent of time, desert once or twice a year. Thanks
  2. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    The Yam suspension is probably the best out there in stock form- i would go the spring only way- that should be enough
    Kam1 likes this.
  3. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I think the Gold Valves had their time, but that time has gone. They are essentially a replacement piston, but the the pistons of today are really good. The Yamaha included. I have the luxury of doing my own suspension, but a good tuner should be able to make that bike rock with just the correct springs and some changes to the valving stack.
    Kam1 and Miezie666 like this.
  4. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for input , going to stick with gold rear, revalve only for front , and of course springs. Will update when done, and able to ride , 16 degree and snow here.:cry:
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm stunned how good the revalve / respring on my 2018 TE250i bike turned out. I had Richard from House of Horsepower do it and he is not far from you and very reasonable. Might be worth a call, sure was for my bike, it's freaking magic. Instead of paying for hardware you don't need (gold valve) pay for a pro like Richard to do his magic.
    Kam1 likes this.
  6. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have been on 3 rides since suspension done , 2 rocks and roots , 1 ride 4inches of sand or lava rock ( drove a few hours for that ) Magic Unicorn in a bottle- period. I also have been working on proper technique, standing more again than in years past since hands holding up better, steg pegs, and Rekluse, way worth investment, rest of me hurts like heck ! I have officially accepted, I really let my self go, going to try 2 rides a week for physical fitness of course. :D