Glen Helen To Host Motocross Grand Prix Rounds In 2015 And 2016

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Freakin' sweet!
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    So Ryan Villopoto will be racing here after all........nice. And we will get to see full works bikes on the track again (very quiet full works bikes)
    TemecuCoastie and LandofMotards like this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sept 20 ... Wonder what those other USA riders are doing about that time? ... After a 17 race sx season (Jan - May) and and 12 race MX season (May - AUG 22), think they wanna come back out a month after their season is over? RV will be in his 18th and last race (MAR - Sept 20) ... No predication here but we should be well aware of who the FIM champ is gonna be by GH. MXoN is Sept 27th :0)

--

Maybe, just maybe, there might be a rider or 2 here who would like to ride against some of the guys they have faced at the MXoN racing (or whoever) recently but on our track this time... It's not like our guys have not ridden GH before and the bikes should be tuned easily enough ... Sounds safe enough to me for a PRO rider to accomplish ... We've probably got the horses to sweep this event if they come out ...
  5. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  6. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Sweet. It's no accident they have two rounds prior to MXdN being there. Gotta give the Euros some practice there so it isn't a TOTAL rout....

If anyone remembers, Mike Alessi was giving Tony Cairoli a hard time there, it was 2010 iirc.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Cairoli is really lucky he was able to walk away from thst race then lol
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If the godly sponsors, which are always the excuse for our top riders not racing, do not allow our riders to set the MX racing record straight in our own homeland, I'm through with them. F'em ... Not that it matters ... Not that I wish them any bad luck with raking in all the $$$ they can... But I'm tired of the BS I see and hear with our young MX riders. Maybe I'm the only person who really cares ... Its probably a southern-boy thing ... Walk your talk or get out of the car.
    Norman Foley and pat ohara like this.
  9. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If they (the pros) can go to Bercy, Geneva, Red Bull Straight Rythum and the like then why not hit ths tilt?
  10. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Amen to that, remember 3 jumps left turn , 4 tabletops right turn and repeat.;) Ho Hum!
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm 100% no business or sales person, but the deals for what is gonna happen next yr have already be cut I'd guess ... Whatever you wanna call that last usgp race that was held last in the states, it was a very good example of how not to git it done, how not to show any hospitably to our guests, and how to sit on your hands, and you know, act like you don't really care about MX racing. It was an embarrassment on more than one front. And that's OK today.

--

The states should treat those foreign riders and teams very very well, from arrival to race day, then not allow a single one to finish in the top 5, give them a cool party afterwards, and send them off with no complaints except the competition level on our home track... At least, that's what I like to see my country do for the worlds best MX riders and teams when visiting our place.

Amongst everything else, this a grand opportunity for the motorcycling dirt bike racing world to promote itself on this old and very well known stage ... Good luck to us fans...
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Pit Beirer interview:

Q:
    I’ve asked you this before when there was a USGP and you pretty much said the riders in America wouldn’t run the USGP. Has that change for the 2015 USGP? Will we see riders like Dungey, Wilson, Musquin and Hill race the USGP at Glen Helen? (It is a week before the MXoN in France, so a great opportunity for them to race the euro guys and also get a mental advantage).

A:
    It is the plan right now, yes. We want them to race there, but it isn’t in a contact and also depends on the situation. If they are strong and healthy, then they will be there. Our European riders are contracted to race GP and our American riders are contracted to race the AMA races, but we have asked our riders in America to be on the start line of the USGP. If they are fit they will be on the start gate of the USGP.
    LandofMotards likes this.