Getting new bike Thursday! Excited any thoughts or ideas..

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by fletchman45, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Getting a new bike tomorrow, but don't know what you want. Maybe you should wait till Friday.
    454x likes this.
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Im voting te300 for sure for the type of riding you do. As I have mentioned in other threads, My 15 te300 is probably tied for being the best bike I've owned. Period. It is easy to ride when you're cruising and when you want a rush twist the throttle and it happens real quick. I'm sure the 17 is an incredible machine. Plus I hear the xplor forks are pretty decent and probably sprung for your weight already but I'm not going to guarantee that. The 15s were sprung stock for 160 to 180 lbs I believe. Either way for me personally, I'd stay husky and let's all keep this cause going and buy em up so they stick around for a while haha
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Beta! You won't regret it.
    NCSteve likes this.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

5. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Take em both home haha
    fletchman45 and NCSteve like this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :banana:
    [IMG]
    454x and NCSteve like this.
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just like Confucious say. One from column A and one from Column B.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok so the first bike eliminated from the list was the tm 250 en....biggest reason...simply put resale...in the event I had to sell my bike as if I crashed was injured...etc..the tm in my opinion would be the toughest to sell...the second and only other reason may be the aluminum frame...my 12 tm was precise but ridged when compared to steel frames and composite subframes...
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The second bike eliminated was the tx 300....while I love the concept of the bike and lightweight...I.do not need a 300...it is the most expensive and doesn't even come with a skid plate. The air forks are nice for the weight savings...but in just checking the te rr and tx out together side by side...I don't like stiff suspension...the tx while I didn't get to ride it felt ultra stiff in both the front and the rear...with ultra power and plug.and at light capable it is a great bike for someone just not me...that left two bikes..
  11. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    So the te 250 husky is in a new home?!?
    fletchman45 likes this.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    :mad: it's Friday already!
    fletchman45 likes this.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ah man, I hate cliffhangers.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Ahh it wasn't too bad a film, one of Sylvester's better ones. But that buckle must of been made in Ching ping..
    fletchman45 likes this.
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ha...well that left two bikes side by side that I had to well sort out.....my take on it was as follows...I also did not factor in the beta was cheaper because it was a 16 carryover. On one was a good looking te 250 husky...sporting the new frame a revised starter and a sweet counterbalancer.....a a slightly lighter over all weight...all plus's! My gripes were few but I did.observe a few things..the brake pedal in my opinion in and effort to save weight looked well rather flimsy...and how does the seat come off a 17 husky as my salesman didn't even know! Now the major irritating thing besides the pumpkin jokes from my buddies in my 15...I didnt see a v force Reed cage on the moto bikes or the enduro bikes???am i crazy? So you can charge premium $$$ and make cutbacks... irritating! Nevertheless a good looking light bike!
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now the rr...I liked the fact it was Italian..don't like the fact dry weight is more then a husky. Liked the switch gear horn brake light etc...easy to plate and I figure if a guy raced it seriously just remove all euro crap and ditch the estart and the bike would be pretty light and the beta does come with a moto plate in a bag...one thing I learned that I never knew was the beta has a composite subframe..please if I.am wrong in my observation someone please correct me because I had never read that anywhere! That made me happy along with the reed cage v force and the fmf pipe and silencer and the brake pedal didn't look like it would bend as easily... down faults there were some...not a porker but needs a diet.... decals? My lord red huskys did away with those around six years ago! Decals annoy me greatly they never stay on! Like department also was the push button seat and molded hand holders on the subframe.. also the street legal tires nothing to brag about.....the oil injection I don't believe or trust and was informed to remove it would cost 110$ for a oil injection delete kit from beta which I think should just come with the bikes...
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So after three hours if going back and forth climbing on and off lifting up and down(not sure weight difference between rr and te but can't be much because lifting them I couldn't really tell) jumping up and down on the bikes... The winner
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Cool way to not answer any questions lol
    fletchman45 likes this.
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Darn phone not letting me load photo... IMG_20161006_211127.jpg
    Dirtdame, NCSteve, shawbagga and 3 others like this.
  20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The beta won for several reasons...one being all reviews are good and if I don't like it I'll chalk it up sell it and won't buy another...bit the push button seat..fmf pipe and muffler and v force Reed cage helped push me.. once I saw it had a composite subframe (at least I hope I'm right?) And when I didn't see v force Reed cage on the husky and the flimsy looking brake pedal I was irritated.. I didn't factor in the 1200$ in savings because it was a carryover over...but that didnt hurt and they didn't change much for 17...silver wheels and slightly more travel in the front...anyways that spare money paid for hand guards a pipe guard a few other trinkets and I bought my son a suzuki jr 50 as well!! Extensive non biased ride report coming in two weeks! Thanks everyone for input and help! And honestly in today's market is there really a bad choice!
    gots_a_sol and LandofMotards like this.