Getting new bike Thursday! Excited any thoughts or ideas..

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by fletchman45, Oct 4, 2016.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok so I been super busy....crashed the ducati last year and still hurt...knee still messed up...built a new house this year so think I've rode possibly four.or five times...out.of the blue my buddy called and bought my beloved trail converted husqvarna Tc 250 2015....anyways while my wife was complaining this was my way.of making and excuse I need a new bike! My thoughts are a gas gas is out while they look gorgeous the dry weight makes me run! The wild card bike is a 2016 carryover tm 250 en pros exotic-nice components-light weight/cons are resale and quick parts turn around although I think that is good now...bike 2. 2017 Husqvarna te 250 pros... It's a husqvarna and very good looking you can license it has a six speed estart and counterbalancer..cons it really is a ktm of sorts.. slightly heavy...bike 3 carryover beta 250 rr pros it's Italian! Low seat height-nice components 1k to 1500$ cheaper then a 17 husky- six speed cons slightly heavier then any other bike listed here! Red color not a big turn on..tank size smaller then the other bikes bike four 2017 husqvarna Tx 300. Pros light weight for what it is- beautiful-moto bike setup for off road-six speed and counterbalancer plug and play light capable cons most expensive bike of bunch-valving may be to stiff for tight rocky off road-aer fork? Anyways when laying out a big wad like this a guy wants the best bike he can get needing the least work! I'm thankful I'm in a position to buy a new bike! Side note...300 with the counterbalancer still probably vibrates the same as a 250 without a counterbalancer.... looked at a beta and husky (thru the window on a Sunday) beta looks a little cartoonish....while the husky looks like Mr professional...(at least to me) tm resale I'm sure would suck horribly..(blow knee can't ride decide to sell) any help would be appreciated as Thursday there will be a new bike in the back of my truck! I ain't been working 70 hours a week for nothing....back at 165 pounds 5 foot seven and working out again and looking forward to racing next year...thanks for any input!! Not sure I need a 300 with my riding style..do not want to torque and short shift... although tx is very appealing..
    robertaccio and Dirtdame like this.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Why not a TE150? With your weight it should fly. I weigh only 150, but 5'11, on the 165 I can rip, but the ergo's are a little cramped. Every time I service a linkage I think orange :rolleyes: The 2014-16 200 EXC is a really nice bike!
    Staying with tidlers, the TM 144 is no. 1 sexy :cheers:
  3. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks again
    The fastest I ever was was on a 144 red husky....I love these things and I am and a rider however it seems like such and intense mission on the tiddlers everything is do or die...the tm is super sexy both the te and tm are kind of overpriced for tiddlers I think. While the electric start sounds ok on the 250s on a tiddler I'd probably go tm...at this point just wanting a 250 or 300 as they are more forgiving of mistakes. But yes that tm 144 is sexy and I hear a blast to ride!
    robertaccio and NCSteve like this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I like the Betas. But I like the oil injection feature on those....along with the great power, handling, suspension and sexy, good looks!:banana:
    NCSteve and 454x like this.
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Well seems like the trend is towards torquey motors on the 250/300 offerings. I think twisting the tail on a 300 is a lot more work than a tiddler and overall not any faster, except in the dez/open. Are you racing MX or off road?
    Have you considered a 250 4t? The current versions rev to the moon and keep up in the tight and twisties at least.

I like torquey, short shifting in the woods on the 300 with Rekluse and Lectron, but also love the 165 action. If I was buying on Thurs, it would be either a '17 TE150, a '16 200 exc or a '16 300RR. And really, the YZ should be considered. The aftermarket is so huge for that bike you can make it do and look like whatever you want :cheers:
    fletchman45 likes this.
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The funny thing is I told them if I bought a beta I would disconnect the oil injection... Makes me nervous although yes it is cool!
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

. Orange bike would be a no go for personal reasons...if I had to ride a Japanese bike it certainly would be a yz! But can't remember the last time I had a Japanese bike for my new bike (1992 kdx 200. $2999 new!!) Tried some four strokes not even and option for me! Riding mostly single track rocks whoops logs and roots...akeley mn and huntersville mn both areas have held national enduros there...pretty stuck on one of the listed choices..
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Well sounds too me the husky te250 is the woman of your dreams.
    Gas gas to heavy
    Beta oil mod
    Husky E start and resale. Plus your on a husky site so I'm going husky!! 300's over kill and I ride a360.
  10. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Husky for more /enduro.
    Beta for fire trails weekend warriors
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    My yz250x opened my eyes... more refined than my te300.... I haven't owned a jap bike since 2002
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I'm not advocating for GG here, although I do like em, but I honestly don't believe there's much difference at all in weight anymore. I'd reckon they'd be on par with beta/Sherco n only 3-4kg off husky/ktm/TM(not even sure wat they supposedly weigh!).

Manufacturers weights r horseshit. Ktm/husky givin dry weights(no oils-any oils!- at all, coolant, fuel) is pure marketing wank. Who's tried riding a bike with no oil n fuel?! Not to mention the tubes are like condoms. Don't get me wrong they make great bikes but first thing everyone will do is put UHD tubes in or moose/tubliss!

I'd honestly love to see GG, Sherco, beta, TM, husky/ktm weighed on same day, same scales in pure stock trim(jus headlight, tail light, race wiring harness n speedo) truly ready to ride(full tanks!). I reckon I'd be a lot closer than everyone thinks!

Sorry fletchman for the rant I say beta 250 n pump the $ savings from purchase price into armour/tyres/susp.
    454x and juicypips like this.
  13. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Or my 250X and do no suspension work and throw some guards on.... but I agree that the bikes are all close.... But the GG did feel heavy on the stand but not when riding
  14. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    For sure Shawbagga.. I don't reckon there'd be much difference between my 310 and sherco 300 2t in weight... maybe the 310 is lighter with a lith battery. Will weigh em one day.
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I'd hav a yz250x in a heart beat if it was ADR approved here, hydro clutch, 6 speed n 9.5-10L tank. Estart wouldn't hurt either jus so I can idle it in the shed without havin to put fricken boots on! I like to drink cans, rev the bike for mechanical inspection reasons n smell 2t!:)
    NCSteve and rancher1 like this.
  16. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    The Race Edition Betas do not have oil injection just fyi.
    robertaccio and LandofMotards like this.
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    The 2016 RE models didn't anyway. Haven't seen any news on the 2017 RE. I think the oil injection is a plus. Is there some negative side? :cheers:
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    People seem to be afraid that they will quit working like some of the old style Japanese ones would occasionally do. I think that it's a little too much worry in these modern times with better technology and materials. I love the injection system because it will always deliver the correct ratio from about 100:1 at idle, on up to maybe 40:1 or so at full throttle. That way, the exhaust always runs nice and clean whether you're poking around on tight stuff or wide open through deep sand. And while mixing fuel isn't a big chore, it would still be nice to not have to do anything other than top off the oil tank and put gas in the gas tank. Heck, I used to do that with my Yamaha HT1 and my Kawasaki F6, and also my Kawasaki H1 street bike.
    NCSteve likes this.
  19. NicaJohn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125 02 cr135 02 wr144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kdx200,2015 beta 430rr
    I know you said 4t not an option but I got a beta 430rr last year. I was coming off an 04 husky cr125 so weight difference was a definate concern. I usually ride a mix of single track and fast flowing trails. The beta is surprisingly manueverable but feeling firmly planted. I ride the beta almost 5-6 day a week and don't get tired of it. All that being said I just bought another 04 but was made to a 135. So much fun
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    You can disconnect quick and mix your own.

Anyway, tough to be in that position where you get whatever you want lol. None of them are bad choices, I'd probably choose the te250