Gear Sensor Issue

Discussion in '610/630' started by Rem3805, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Rem3805 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    r1250gsa
    Hi guys,

I am reaching out over the forum to try to find help with the current issue I have.

My neutral light has been blinking for a while and after some hard time to find a laptop able to instal Ibeat as well as the waiting of the necessary wire stuffs, I was able to questioned the bike about the issue it is trying to show me.

I resulted with the error code 0440 and the message "Gear Position Sensor Low Value".

I have inspected the values of the sensor with the manual I found and it was matching them. Still i decided to replace the sensor and after replacing it, I keep on receiving the error...

I am now definitely struggling and do not know where else checking.

Have anybody faced the same problem already? Any tips to share?

Thank you all very much in advance for your support

Rem
  2. Ghostman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Brutale 990, Vespa GT200
    Hi, you can have a problem on wiring, check the wires from the sensor to ECU.
  3. Shea Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    I assume the new sensor came with the wire and plug up to the main harness, so if its a wiring issue it's probably in the main harness, which blows, and I'm not 100% sure how tied in it is, the wiring on these bikes is a bit odd. Have you made sure the brass pin and spring are in place and making solid contact with the sensor in the engine?

Electrical issues suck. Good luck!
  4. Rem3805 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    r1250gsa
    Thanks for your replies!

I actually bought a SWM, the one for the 650 enduro RS. It was working but I got the same error message on IBEAT.

I did untape all the electrical wires located below the gas tank and it seems that the concerned wire was twisted... After getting everything back on the right area, it seems to be fixed now!

If anyone get such changing in the future, be quite soft on the screw of this sensor. The screw thread is very sensible... I got one over the two of them which got a little bit damaged...