1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

gas vent hose on te 310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mr1396, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mr1396 Husqvarna
    A Class

I just bought a te 310 and the gas vent hose keeps coming off the gas cap, I don,t know if the dealer forgot something also the hose is also loose around the radiator. I'm a novice rider and new to motorcycles.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Everyone gets help on Cafe Husky :thumbsup:

So... do you have a big black can down near the shifter that has a bunch of hoses going to it?

Is the hose just 'popping off' either by itself when you are not around or while riding?

Posting a picture of your bike could save much time.
  3. mr1396 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have the black can and the hose comes off the gas cap when riding. the hose comes up from the black can through a hole by the bottom of the radiator and is free from there on up to the gas cap nub.
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Get some clear plastic tubing that fits your cap nub tightly and snip off a half inch or so. Put the black hose over the plastic hose and it will fit snug and not fall off. The plastic hose can probably be bought at a hobby store or aquarium supplies or maybe even auto parts store.

George (Uptite Husqvarna) seems to do this to any bike that shows up in his shop and has a loose vent hose.

ETA run the hos eover the top of the right hand radiator and zip tie the hose to the front of the radiator. This is of course later when you do the power up and remove the canister etc.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    You have a fully stock bike with all the things on it to make it dot legal.

Many people take off all of that stuff. If you are completely new to bikes it might be good to meet someone in person to walk you through the process, maybe even your dealer.

My vent hose is about 2 feet long and is open on the end. It goes down the fork tube.