GAS GAS FACTORY CLOSING - Official announcement.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So does this make it official? Many were posting this was just a restructuring but it seems kinda final now. Maybe Bill or someone can let us know. Pretty sad.

http://dirtbikemagazine.com/news/gas-gas-factory-closing

On Monday morning, the Gas Gas factory press department sent out the following press release:

Dear customers, partners and friends,
    We are contacting you with this update regarding the current situation with the company.

As you all know, in recent months the company has gone through several legal proceedings in order to renegotiate the debt and to continue operations. Unfortunately, despite the valiant efforts made to achieve this goal, it has been impossible to reach and finally they have declared to proceed with the liquidation of Gas Gas Motos SA.

In this process, the current management team, the receivers and the council representatives of all employees are working full-throttle to collect all of the necessary information to begin the process of selling the factory and to close the subsequent sale process with potential buyers in the fastest way possible.

The target set by the sale of the production unit is to be able to reactivate the Gas Gas Motos factory in a way that allows us to produce our motorcycles, both enduro and trial, and ensure a solid and sustainable long term viability of the company.

During this stage of the sale process of the production unit, we at Gas Gas will make our utmost efforts to ensure the level of service in the areas of spare parts as well as in the after-sales department in order to avoid penalizing our customers during this period.

From Gas Gas, we convey our sincere thanks for your support during these months and wish to convey our total conviction on the feasibility of satisfactory results during the production unit sale process.

Best regards,
    GAS GAS MOTOS SA.
  2. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    This really does make me sad.... they are good bikes with a couple problems... love the power, clutch feel is crazy good just weighs 15 lbs too much....

hopefully something will change....

Hope my buddy Rod has some work lined up.... havent had the nerve to ask yet,,,
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    isnt this the plan though. now someone(swiss, israeli, nigerian prince perhaps or someone who 'inherited' their estate?!) comes in & buys the factory/designs/tooling/name without the massive debt? im a little ignorant to how liquidation/bankruptcy works though:p
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Now I am hearing Ducati might be interested in resurrecting them.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    drop the Israeli from the list, the current/ex CEO is Israeli------so lets look at a Swiss (nah to smart to get involved) the Nigerian princes have lots of money they always send me email invitations to collect major sums of it if I give them all my bank info...........and then there is the Chinese or the Arabs???..........or Ducati????
  6. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    With Ducati already doing assembly in Taiwan (Scrambler) they may be best suited to taking them on and expanding their offerings through Ducati Dealerships.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It sounds like the classic tactic of "we are selling our facility and will lease it from the new owners to stay in business". Hey sometimes it works, but it usually only guarantees that the golden parachutes are packed and ready for use for the big bosses a little further down the road.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

yes a move to clear some 30 million plus in debt.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Not saying that part doesn't work, but if the business isn't run differently from the way that got them into that situation in the first place it won't last.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    BMW? Bon Jovi?
  11. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    TATA Group?
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Possible and I like the odds of some existing HQs building being on the same continent already for this over 100 +1 newly acquired company.

Founded by Jamsetji Tata in 1868, the Tata group is a global enterprise headquartered in India, and comprises over 100 operating companies, with operations in more than 100 countries across six continents,
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Apparently Sherco has shown interest in buying the production facility but has no interest in the brand itself.

I personally dont see Ducati or any street bike manufacturer buying GG. I think a lot of manufacturers watched BMW lose their shirts with Husqvarna and dont want to go down that road.
    Norman Foley and robertaccio like this.
  14. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    Agree 100%, and I beleive the new CEO tried to correct this. From what I get reading the translated (margin for error) statements, the Israelis presented a sensible plan to cut costs and continue in a scaled back limited way, but it was rejected by the unions. So, I guess in Spain, no one working is better than some working?
    454x likes this.
  15. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Does anyone REALLY, REALLY care anymore? Roll the dice, win or lose. Spin around three times, pin the tail on another donkey. Do your due diligence, make your decision, hope for the best. Survival of the fittest, mess it up, pay the price. The only guarantees in life are death and taxes. Help out when you can, expect no return. Make a promise, keep it. We're all human, we all fail. Later.
    454x likes this.
  16. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    I agree, its capitalism at work and its working. Screw up and you loose, and a guy with a better idea/product/service wins. Govt picking winners and loosers never works. No matter what, those lost bikes will be replaced with better bikes, no matter who makes them.
    Auto5guy likes this.
  17. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    one thing is sure the trials world will never be the same to few players there even with the new vertigo combat in the game
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Too few players? Montesa/Honda, Beta, Sherco, Scorpa, Vertigo and GG if and when they come back.... I'd say for the actual size of the trials market, it's pretty well covered.
    water racer and GMP like this.
  19. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    While GG was a leader in that market it is extremely small. They weren't in that newer factory when they were only making trials bikes.
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Don't forget Jgas and OSSA. Speaking of OSSA, does anyone know where this whole mess leaves them? They were sharing manufacturing capabilities with that factory. I haven't heard how this all affects them.
    lankydoug likes this.