Garage door opener solution?

Discussion in '610/630' started by NorCalAthlete, Feb 17, 2015.

1. NorCalAthlete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 SMS
    There was a thread on here somewhere, I don't remember where, with someone who mounted a custom triple tree top clamp that had switches for a garage door opener among other things. It was a slick machined aluminum job. I want to do something similar to my new bike (just bought an FZ09!) but don't remember who made the clamp.

I know a lot of you with TEs and such have done a lot of custom wiring for GPS, warmers, etc. Any of you done any clean OEM looking jobs for a garage door opener? The only thing I can find is people who take apart the left switch box and swap the wires on the flasher lights with the horn or just remove them completely and make the headlight flasher the garage opener. It's a solution, but I don't want to take apart any of my OEM stuff I just want something I can add and run a button to my bars and mount it in a nice aluminum or plastic bolt on block so it looks OEM.

Any thoughts?
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
  3. NorCalAthlete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 SMS
    Yes!!! That's the one I was looking for. Thanks dude.
  4. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    Its a nice setup. I was thinking of getting one myself. It does add up because you have to buy the lowers too. They don't make just the top clamp that fits our 630's.

I had a garage door opener on my Ducati that was only powered when the key was on. I sometimes park my bikes on the street for the day and don't want someone pushing buttons on my parked bike and opening the garage door. Just a thought
  5. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Congrats on the FZ09! I'm torn between that and the new FJ09.