1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Full power smr 511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by scotty, Mar 10, 2012.

1. scotty Husqvarna
    A Class

A big thanks to Paul from Motospares for giving me the parts to finish off the job Husqvarna started. He modified an akra by fitting a power bomb to the front pipe and taking out the standard baffle and refitting a 50mm one. The workmanship is first class. I also got a pcv which was fitted with the map he developed. Lastly an airbox mod to finish things off. I fitted it all this morning and went for a run, talk about night and day, standard the bike would'nt rev and juddered at low revs now the power is smooth from low down right up to the limiter.I have modified bikes all my days and this has to be one of the best results I've had. I've gone from a bit disapointed to over the moon in a day.Better still I cured the vibration problem, it was to original pipe rubbing on the inside of the frame, the paint was worn off and even the pipe was worn. Monday morning job I'd say.

Scotty
  2. scotty Husqvarna
    A Class

Sorry guys I meant Paul from Motosupplies.

Scotty
  3. Dan Rich Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey mate - any info on the airbox mod that was done?

And how hard was removing/ replacing the baffles in the akra?

Dan
  4. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Pictures would be a plus!
  5. scotty Husqvarna
    A Class

Guys you can talk to Paul at Motosupplies (079770682220) about the airbox mods and modifying the akra. The man makes his living by tuning Huskys and selling parts so I don't think its fair that I give away his secrets. He is very easy to deal with and his prices are very fair. Without his help I'm not sure I'd have kept the bike very long. The transformation is amazing, its gone from a bike that my 05 ktm 525 would have thrashed to one that my old bike would'nt look at.

Scotty
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I decatted the stock muffler and added a JD EFI tuner and got a huge agin as well. Then put an aftermarket muffler on and retuned again and got more. 11hp more on JD's Dyno these bikes are for sure detuned via the pipe and EFI settings.
  7. scotty Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi Motosportz I couldn't agree more. The chassis and brakes could handle 70 bhp no problem so I guess BMW had Husky detune the stock motor to lessen warranty claims. I reckon in stock form my bike could only be putting out 35 - 40 bhp. Paul has had no grenading 449s so far but had a few blown up 450s, he reckons the new motors are well designed. He is developing new cams to go with the head work he has already done.

Scotty
  8. Dan Rich Husqvarna
    C Class

Scotty - would love to get Motosupplies to do it - but being in Australia I dont think its going to happen - I might email him and just ask what he has done/ what he recommends . . .
  9. vasilli Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 511 SMR
    Also interested in the walk-through for the airbox mod.
  10. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Grab a 30mm hole saw and cut two holes through the lower section of the air box just above the LH radiator.
    You can either leave them open, or if it worries you, glue mesh over the inside of the holes.
  11. norma stitz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nunya185
    i wish you had done the mods one at a time to see what made differences. I know the one change to PCV on mine completely transformed it from kitty to beast cat.
  12. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Well, I can tell you that the increase in TPS voltage to around 0.75v stops most flameouts.
    The removal of the second butterfly fixes the very dull throttle response and stops the 'dead throttle' issue on some early frame white bikes.
    The removal of the idle roller stops the throttle hanging on overrun closed throttle....

You can do all, or one of the mods for the reasons above as needed.
  13. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    TuneEcu app for Android will allow even more adjustment than pcv.